• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Soup

Mort

The weather is cooling off (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) and it's that time of year when everyone should be consuming more soup than usual.

I'm addicted to cream of broccoli and broccoli cheese soups.

What are your favo(u)rites?

Cream of Potato, with cheese, bacon and chives

Not cold enough here yet, tho, it was about 80 all day.

A hearty seafood stew, thick chunks of French bread, and a full-bodied red wine. If only it will cool off!

Irene Wilde
Still sweating in smoggy LA

Corn chowder from the Covent Garden Soup Company is pretty good for shop bought.

Fish soup with lots of cheese and garlic and bread is jolly good, fresh in a restaurant. Lovely and stinky.

And for home made, something simple like black bean soup or carrot and orange.

German 'all in one' soup, with crusty bread. Can't get better than that. And thankfully we're cooling off here too - soup and hot chocolate here we come :)

I really like soups and stews! :) I'm pretty addicted to them but never buy from a shop. Always much better if you cook your own!

I like chicken and chilli soup and I like carrot soup. I am always trying new ones. Was thinking about what soup to cook this weekend, actually :)

Ahhhh, a big bowl of soup and a big chunk of fresh bread! It's got to be homemade soup, no crap from a can for me. (If I may brag on myself a teensy bit) I make a pretty good vegetable beef soup, learned from the master, my father. And of course, being Cajun, I must make gumbo at least twice a month when the weather turns cooler.

I like French-Canadian Pea Soup with Ham. YUM. It's good for dipping most side sandwiches in, and it's comforting when it's cold.

French Onion is pretty good too. Can't imagine it has much nutritional value, but it's yummy.

watercrystal said:
1) TOMATO+MUSHROOM+EGG

Egg shouldn't be allowed in soup :mad: I don't believe there is anything more revolting than egg soup. SHAME ON YOU WATERCRYSTAL, for making me remember my awful egg soup experiences. I'll be having nightmares again now, for weeks no doubt :(

Egg is ok in Chinese soups where it's just in thin strings. If it's in big lumps in the soup then that should probably be a criminal offence.

Back