• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Space opera fans...

I thoroughly enjoyed the Nights Dawn trilogy, but I reckon that Fallen Dragon is even better. Really looking forward to Pandora's Star.

Whilst I am a huge fan of hard SF and the associated techno babble, there is also a lot of great SF that sidelines the techie stuff in order to concentrate more on telling a good story. In particular, I would recommend The Door Into Summer by Robert Heinlein, The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell (and the sequel, Children of God) and Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut.

I recommended The Sparrow to a number of friends, none of whom had much interest in SF. They all loved it ... :D plus it has a great twist :eek:

Prunk said:
I recommended The Sparrow to a number of friends, none of whom had much interest in SF. They all loved it ... :D plus it has a great twist :eek:

Bleugh. I hated that book. It started off ok, but it rapidly declined as I recall. Was recommended by someone on a different forum who enjoyed it, reviewed it here... http://www.futurenoir.com/viewtopic.php?t=746 if you'll forgive the plug. :)

Judas Unchained

:eek:
Hi All,

Does anyone know when Judas Unchained by Peter F. Hamilton will be released??????

I've read the Nights Dawn Trilogy, Fallen Dragon and had the mis-fortune to read Pandora's Star without realising it was another Trilogy!!!

Really enjoyed it and sitting on the edge of my seat for the next installation of the story of the Commonwealth.

Cheers,

Dok

I don't know, but as each book is like 1000+ pages, I think you have a long wait :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

Back