• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Speaks the Nightbird by R. McCammon

Mark4583

Has anyone read these books? I havent read any McCammon for a while since Swans Song and Boy's Life wich is one of my all time favorite book.
He seems to be one of those authors that have some realy good books but never gets his due.
Thanks

It's good. Not as good as his older material, but still a damn good read. I read it 2-3 years ago and I really enjoyed it. It's a shame he doesn't write more.

I agree with lenny nero. I liked it but its no Swan Song or Wolf's Hour. The medical details he goes into were pretty neat.

He has stated that he wanted to write a historical novel for a change from his horror novels but publishers were having none of that. Consequently he quit for about ten years and then wrote Blackbird. I love historical fiction and especially 17th century settings in the Charleston SC area so that's is how I found Blackbird without having previously read anything else by McCammon. Wolf's Hour is my favorite, but nearly every one of his books have been great reads.

I plan to re-read Blackbird very soon before I read Bedlam!

Back