• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Spellchecking

Darren

Now that we're over on the new faster server, the spell-checker should be working OK.

It should be reasonably easy to use. Just type your message, select "spell check" and correct words from the drop-down boxes.

Darren

Hehehe, we will do our VERY BEST to confuse the system!

Is that a kind of "plug-in" for vBulletin?

Was this never a success back then or was it just lost and forgotten during a forum upgrade?

Serious post this time-does the option work? When I click on it, I get something about having to download it first.:confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't think that addon was ever upgraded to work with vBulletin 3. I can have a look around to see if there are any alternative spellchecker addons for vBulletin.

You are aware that I resurrected a post from four years ago?

Oh,....why........yes, I knew that.:eek:

th_rofl.gif
th_rofl.gif

You're aware that the Google toolbar has a spellcheck button?
This works in any active text window when on the net.

I have changed the title of this post to "spellchecking", to try to prevent some potential confusion. I can't make any promises that folks will notice the date on Darren's initial post, but at least they will be less excited by the thread title. :)

You're aware that the Google toolbar has a spellcheck button?
This works in any active text window when on the net.

The problem there is that you have to be willing to install google toolbar on your computer. I stay away from those things as they often drag in adware and other junk.

If I am really concerned (which I rarely am) I use the spell check on MS Word (and then paste it here), www.dictionary.com (for specific words) or, I guess. I think I do alright. I honestly don't know if I would even bother with a spell check here. I never use the one on gmail because I forget it is even there.

Well, I know what you mean, mehastings, but as they say, you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

Back