• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

starting threads

missy

Hi, I'm new here and trying to understand the layout, rules etc of the Forum. The FAQ doesn't have the question I want to ask (!):

How do you start new threads? Why do I not always have that option? I have started one in the test page but that doesn't invite discussion.

Am I missing something? Do I need more rights?

Thanks for any answers.
Missy

After you determine which area you think is best for your thread, go to that area and there's a light grey link that says New Thread just above the turquoise bar that has a line reading 'threads in forum'. You should have a title for your link. If you want to start a thread for a specific book or author, it's easier to do a search later if you put the author's name before the title in you thread heading, for ex. Charles Dickens-A Christmas Carol." It's also good form to do at least a rudimentary search to see if there isn't already one or more threads relating to your topic. Don't be afraid to bump an older thread; we do this all the time here and no one complains too loudly.

Can we assume that since you were able to start this thread, that you have now figured it out? ;)

LOL-Thanks for the good laugh abec. I won't make any comments about it being a Kansas thing.:p ;)

"Can we assume that since you were able to start this thread, that you have now figured it out? "

Ok, I'm blond !! ai85.photobucket.com_albums_k77_pauline0111_z_blondemoment.gif

Didn't realize I had to drill down further into the sub-forums. Just struck lucky when it worked under the FAQ one.
Oh well, thanks anyway - the bump tip is a good one, very practical too.

Thanks Scott...we Kansas can at least count to 10, unless of course an unfortunate farming accident takes a digit or two..:p

LOL-I know some folks who actually are missing a few fingers due to combine accidents and the like.:D

At no extra cost, you have also received:

1) smart-ass posting lesson (cliff notes version)

2) thread hijacking 101

3) completely useless information posting etiquette

Feel free to say "thank you" at your ealiest convenience.

At no extra cost, you have also received:

1) smart-ass posting lesson (cliff notes version)

2) thread hijacking 101

3) completely useless information posting etiquette

Feel free to say "thank you" at your ealiest convenience.

Which of course never happens in someone elses realm;)

Back