• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stay or go.

Determine sirmyk's fate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sirmyk

Apparently my posts here are too self-promotional... Maybe they are; maybe they aren't. It doesn't really matter if they aren't; it really matters if they are. Lately I feel this forum is falling apart. It became a giant fustercluck here for a while, therefore some of us asked for more moderation. Now moderation is coming back to bite us in the ass. I have made many friends here, and hopefully not too many enemies. A couple of weeks ago I was tempted to just pack my bags and leave this silly forum; now I am thinking the same before a formal ban shows me the door.

So... from that trendy Clash song: "Should I stay or should I go now..."

blueboatdriver said:
Do I see another Martinesque thread about to kickoff?
F**k an A... whatever that means.

I am personally voting "go", so if this thread tries to balance out but the scales end up leaning my way or the highway, I will take a bow and walk out the front door, never to look back.

Well I voted for you to stay, I know it's been rough for awhile and there's still some bad days around but I would just hate to see you go.

Apparently my posts here are too self-promotional...
I haven't noticed... you should stay though.
You said you have friends here... so stay. But if you feel unwanted then go. It's up to you.

Ronny said:
Well I voted for you to stay, I know it's been rough for awhile and there's still some bad days around but I would just hate to see you go.
In "the next book" by "some author" a rose is placed onto the chests of those that die... hence the avatar.

Stay... everyone is different. Some people don't like others. That's called life. Stay.

I don't really understand why you're asking other people; if you want to go, then go, if you want to stay, then stay.
For what it's worth, I seem to recall that you make intelligent posts that have a positive contribution to the forum; all posters of that kind will be missed.

Do I think you are too self-promotional? Well, define too; it's never particully bothered me. But have you promoted yourself? Well, I think most regular posters here could name a book you've written, so I guess you have.

Perhaps you should consider what your main reason for leaving would be? Is it because you wanted to join an intelligent book forum, and you feel TBF is not currently meeting that description. Or is it because you wanted to promte your book, and have been asked by the mods to tone that down?

Regards,

K S

Sirmyk,
I think that venting your frustration at the moderators by leaving the forum would be a poor way to make a decision and would be a poor decision. I hope you realize that you will accomplish absolutely nothing by leaving. Pulling a finger out of a pond of water leaves no hole, and so forth.
More constructive, I think, would be balancing whatever use you would make of the time you would gain, against giving up the benefits, as you see them, of remaining in the forum. And leave the frustration out of it.
In your discussion of your book(s), it looks like you have a tiger by the tail. In which case, consider letting go that tiger.

No vote,
Your decision,
Peder

I voted "Go" - not because I have anything particular against you, nor against anything you might have done on the forum, but purely because you felt the need to put up such a needy, whiny poll about whether you should leave or not.

If the Moderators asked you to tone down your self-promotion, I'm sure they had their reasons, which include the fact that it is specifically included the Membership Agreement. Which apply to all members, whether they have been here a while or have just put one post up.

Phil

i voted stay. i don't know much about the book promotion thing, but i have felt frustration with the forum and i think you may just need a hiatus. i have noticed you haven't been around much and i missed you.

jenngorham said:
aren't we all promoting ourselves here? maybe not a product but our personalities?

Good point. Some of us are doing a better job than others. I don't think I'm doing myself any favors, though. :rolleyes:

Back