• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stephen Hunter: I, Sniper

brk_3

ai1210.photobucket.com_albums_cc418_brk_3_ISNIPER.jpg :star3:

Book six in the Bob Lee Swagger series

Four 60’s radicals are gunned down from long range in what looks like an act of punishment for their actions and beliefs during the anti-war movement in the late 60’ and early 70’s. All evidence of these murders point to a decorated ex-Marine sniper who served and fought in the Vietnam War. But all the evidence looks to obvious and perfect for FBI Special Agent Nick Memphis who heads up the investigation. Memphis decides to bring in his pal Bob Lee Swagger to investigate and find evidence to support that the Marine sniper, who appears guilty of the crimes, did not do the shooting. What Swagger finds causes Memphis to investigate in a new direction and also causes Bob Lee Swagger to go back on the hunt.

The story jumps out and pulls you in right from the start, but stalls out at points along the way. Also the final showdown was not really worth the built up in my opinion. I didn’t care as much for the ending in this novel as I have in previous Swagger novels. Hunter, as always does a great job with explanation of the tactical and technical specifics of the world of snipers, but this book was a little longer than it needed to be in my opinion. I am giving this one three stars.

Back