• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stephen Hunter: The 47th Samurai

brk_3

ai1210.photobucket.com_albums_cc418_brk_3_hunter4_1.jpg :star3:

Book four in the Bob Lee Swagger series.

Hunter puts aside his knowledge in firearms and hits on Japanese culture and Samurai fighting. I am not sure how accurate his description is on these subjects, because these topics have never peaked my interests and quite frankly I no nothing on these topics. However, from past experiences reading this author’s work, I am sure he did plenty of research.

Of the four Bob Lee Swagger novels I have read this one I like the least. It’s not a bad read it’s just the subject matter was not interesting to me. Also using Bob Lee as the protagonist didn’t quite work for me. I would have rather seen a totally different character in this role. But its Stephen Hunter’s character and he can do as he pleases and I will probably still read it anyway.

If you are interested in reading any Stephen Hunter I would suggest not starting off with this book. Like I mentioned it’s not a bad read. It’s just that some of the other books totally outshine this one.

Back