• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stephen King: Cell

Wow, the *critics* are very specific as to how this book was soooooo bad.:rolleyes: The beginning was fantastic, a fast paced start that was a chaotic masterpiece. I will admit that the middle part got somewhat boring. There is only so long that you can drag it out. However, I will never look at a line of people on cellphones in front of an ice cream truck the same ever again.:D

SFG75: You know from previous posts that I truly enjoy reading King. But Cell, that novel was not his best work at all. IMO. :(

Now Bachman's (aka King) new upcoming novel Blaze might be another story. It sounds like a good one.

SFG75: You know from previous posts that I truly enjoy reading King. But Cell, that novel was not his best work at all. IMO. :(

Now Bachman's (aka King) new upcoming novel Blaze might be another story. It sounds like a good one.

I can live with that bro. But tell me the beginning didn't rock. Go ahead, tell me. Tell me that you were bored to tears and that the words just dragged on and on.....

Cell by Stephen King

I recently purchased Cell on the advice of a friend who whole-heartedly recommended it.

Now that i've sat down and had time to read some of it, i can understand why. Truly, Cell is a return to form by Stephen King, who's had a bit of a dry spell since forever. Really, after the greatness of books such as Carrie and Pet Semetary there wasn't much of a stand out title, in my opinion.

Now that he's moved away from writing about how the characters are feeling in minute detail the book takes on a far more enjoyable pace. Reading Cell is like watching a properly gripping Horror movie; you want to look away but you need to know what's going to happen next.

Overall i'm impressed by this title and can't wait to have the chance to sit down and finish it.

What do you think of Cell? What's your opinion of Stephen King in general?

Oh boy guys. I found that novel to be very stupid. I kicked myself for buying it; first edition and all. What a dunce I am. Worse novel ever.

I really enjoyed Cell and thought it brought a relatively fresh take to the whole 'zombie' aspect found in many books. I found parts at the start quite brutal though, even for King (or maybe I was squeamish when I read it ;-) ) I found the pacing to be good though, and pacing stronger than some of his other recent books which I felt could use a good trimming by an editor. But then who dares edit a great like King!

I read this a couple months ago. I didn't feel like I wasted my time. I finished the book and mostly enjoyed it. But, yeah, it felt like he was pulling a lot of punches. The book had no real edge to it. I found the zombies interesting at first, but they got more boring than interesting over time.

-David

Started well but tailed off and the end was terrible.

This is the only King book i put down and thought that was pretty bad.

Started well but tailed off and the end was terrible.

The ending could have been better, I agree. The overall story was pretty darn good if you ask me. I'm not sure how much creativity you can have when you are dealing with zombies, but the scenes of chaos and blood were just awesome.:flowers:

Back