• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stephen King: It

Don't waste your time with that movie. It was SOOOOOO badly done; it actually kind of ruined the greatness of the book for me. The child acting in the first half is sooooo painfully bad. Not to mention that the pure terror, Tim Curry or not, is just not attainable. Look for The Stand instead; now THERE'S a Stephen King book well-done on film.

Strange. I hated The Stand on film. They are making a new version of It on film. It is supposed to be told through the eyes of a different character. Beverly I believe

They are making a new version of It on film. It is supposed to be told through the eyes of a different character.
Really? That would be awesome. Where did you hear this? Link me please.

Speaking of Bev... how come no one has said anything about the end?
The fact that she has sex with everyone so that they can all re-bond & find their way out of the tunnels?
When I first read "It" that part really freaked me out.

Turtle

Now let's talk about the Turtle. What exactly do you think he is? Is he God? A god? Is he good? bad? What role does he play?

In the Dark Tower:
There is a turtle. The turtle of enormous girth that holds the weight of the earth on his back. Is this the same turtle in It? It's definitely possible considering the stuttering Robot named Bill in book VII.
. Just a thought.

Discuss.

:p

Ahh!, can't believe that I missed both posts up this piont Libre, do forgive my inattentiveness.:eek:

The turtle struck me as an equal power to It, though perhaps it's weaker, passive brother in regards to desire to influence what goes on in the world. Perhaps it's some trinitarian idea?

I will definitely be keeping an eye out for the remake, should be awesome. I'd like to see Jack Nicholson as the clown in the gutter.

Helllooooooo Georgie!"

:eek: :eek: :eek:

NB: Spoilers ahead. I can't be bothered with multiple spoiler tags, so skip this if you haven't read it.

I was surprised that no-one had mentioned the Bev factor as well. Although, I didn't mention it either, so there you go.

As for the turtle (or, The Turtle) I always got the impression that he/she/it was a god-like entity, but one without much vested interest in the world of humans. Didn't he accidentally vomit up the universe? I haven't read it for a few months, and I always zoom through the last section, so I may be off the mark here.

Also, isn't there talk of a higher power than the turtle and It? Something that lives beyond the edge of existence where Bill almost falls? Arrgggh, this memeory of mine. I'll have to read it again.

I have to say that some of my favourite sections of the novel are the Derry interludes where Mike discusses the history of the town. The disappearances of the entire population, crazy woodsmen going to town with an axe, dads eating poison mushrooms. The fire at the Black Spot is fantastic. I'd read it as a short story in its own right.

I have to say that some of my favourite sections of the novel are the Derry interludes where Mike discusses the history of the town. The disappearances of the entire population, crazy woodsmen going to town with an axe, dads eating poison mushrooms. The fire at the Black Spot is fantastic. I'd read it as a short story in its own right.

Really? I thought most of them just dragged on. It felt like King inserted the interludes just to make the novel bigger. I was moved by the last one and found it sad how
they would end up forgetting each other and what happened

My favorite aspect of the novel was the scene transitions. Even though King used this trick too often I liked how a scene taking place in the past would fade right into a scene in the present.

So yeah . . . good book although after a while I just wanted to finish It and move on to something else. I probably would have enjoyed it better had King not chosen 1,090 pages to tell his story.

NB: Spoilers ahead. I can't be bothered with multiple spoiler tags, so skip this if you haven't read it.

I was surprised that no-one had mentioned the Bev factor as well. Although, I didn't mention it either, so there you go.

As for the turtle (or, The Turtle) I always got the impression that he/she/it was a god-like entity, but one without much vested interest in the world of humans. Didn't he accidentally vomit up the universe? I haven't read it for a few months, and I always zoom through the last section, so I may be off the mark here.

Also, isn't there talk of a higher power than the turtle and It? Something that lives beyond the edge of existence where Bill almost falls? Arrgggh, this memeory of mine. I'll have to read it again.

There is a higher power than the turtle, it is called Gan, also the turtle is a minor deity, there are other deities like the turtle in The Dark Tower.

Really? I thought most of them just dragged on. It felt like King inserted the interludes just to make the novel bigger. I was moved by the last one and found it sad how
they would end up forgetting each other and what happened

My favorite aspect of the novel was the scene transitions. Even though King used this trick too often I liked how a scene taking place in the past would fade right into a scene in the present.

So yeah . . . good book although after a while I just wanted to finish It and move on to something else. I probably would have enjoyed it better had King not chosen 1,090 pages to tell his story.

And I would be sad if there were any less pages.

Both a fan of the book and the movie. I saw somewhere they may be making a new film. Its a classic book and still interesting today to read.

O.K., I've heard enough about It, so I thought that I would give It a try. You might not like It, but I will definitely open It up and see howthings go. Have you read It?

:D

Pithy summary of IT.
I read IT when it first came out in 1986. After all the hype I decided to reread the book before I saw the movie. After retreading the book I realized how much I forgot and how much I enjoyed the book. However, after seeing the movie I was very dissapointed in the movie.

Ive watched the movie and was creeped and scared i wonder how will it feel when my imagination goes without leash specially its King's novel? :O

Back