• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stephen KIng Or Dean Koontz

Bhala_mech

Hey guys..

I have read only One Stephen King's novel:"CHRISTINE" ..
But i personally think Dean Koontz is far better than Stephen. no hard feeling here!:eek:

Can u guys tell me some books of Stephen King worth reading??:)

Dean Koontz is crap compared to Stephen.

Why don't you start with Night Shift.

Also, Stephen is crap compared to Edgar Allen Poe.

And Edgar is crap compared to Dahl.

Also, Stephen is crap compared to Edgar Allen Poe.

And Edgar is crap compared to Dahl.

And Dahl is crap compared to...?

As for Bhala, did you like Christine enough to consider reading another King book? Or do you just want to give him another chance?

Not really..

@Anamnesis
christine was good at times at certain points of the story..but dean koontz maintains the eerie atmosphere thru out the story..

I thinks i'll give it another try...any suggestions as wat i could try ??:confused:

Try "The Shining", "It", "The Stand", or "Pet Sematary." If you don't like any of these, King's prob not for you.

I said Night Shift.

Are you deaf?

You're an asshole. Other people can make suggestions too. You said your piece in this thread, now **** off.

Edit: I thought curse words got asterisked automatically around here.

You're an asshole. Other people can make suggestions too. You said your piece in this thread, now **** off.

Edit: I thought curse words got asterisked automatically around here.

Usually you can set that up in your personal settings, it doesn't bother me at all, it needed to be said, you have it off your chest now.

Back on track, I have not read much of either of them but I've been planning to read more by both and collected a lot of books by each.

christine was good at times at certain points of the story..but dean koontz maintains the eerie atmosphere thru out the story..

Ah, okay. You could always start with his first novel, Carrie. Pet Sematary, Misery, Bag of Bones, and Desperation were quite good too. If you would like to try out some of his short stories, then I recommend Skeleton Crew and Night Shift (eyez' personal favorite ;)).

King and Koontz are probably my two favorite authors. I think I like King a bit more though. I would try reading The Stand.

My favorites are: The Stand, Salem's Lot, The Shining and It. These are old school King, which I prefer over most of his newer stuff.
Felicia

Don't read Cell. No offense SF, but it's nowhere near his best works. I would put it somewhere near......the bottom.

Don't read Cell. No offense SF, but it's nowhere near his best works. I would put it somewhere near......the bottom.

Hey, you gotta love a book about zombies that go on the rampage after receiving a "pulse" through a cell phone.;) Did you read the first part where the old lady, two teenagers, and one of the main characters are in line in front of an ice cream truck before the "pulse" is sent out? :D Man, that was good!.:)

Don't get me worng, it was entertaining enough, I just thought it had too many similarities to The Stand, which is a far better, albeit much longer, book.

But I think there is another Cell thread somewhere.

I'm new and this is my first post: forgive me if there is an introduction thread where I should have gone first. In answer to the question, I think they're both very good, although I think Koontz has got better over the years and King has got worse. King's prose is still very naturally flowing and readable; even his latest, 'Lisey's Story'. It is strangely compelling, though very irritating as well, with the made-up words. I actually liked The Talisman best and so I would recommend that to someone looking for a King book to read. Persevere, though, because I've been told (by a book collector) that the first 60-odd or so pages were written by Straub. When King begins his input, it becomes a lot better.

Back