• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stephen King

--As much as I want to read his book,but since he's too good to tell his story, they scared the hell out of me! :D,I only have his two books Everything's Eventual and The Buickthe last time I read it,I can't sleep the whole damn night! :D(coward me!!!)

My favourite's would be The Stand, The Green Mile and 'Salems Lot. In fact the only one of his I didn't like was Gerald's Game. I find other horror writers scare me more than King but I do love his style of writing.

Gerald's Game was rather strange. When I picked it up, I wondered how King was going to make such a slender plot last the whole book, but I thought that although it is not one of my faves, it was quite gripping and I had to read to the end.

Hi there. My favourite author is Stephen KIng.
I haven't read all his books (about 25).
Now i'm reading "Christine".
My top 5 books from Stephen King I read are:
1. The Talisman
2. It
3. Desperation
4. Long Walk
5. Different Seasons

Speedy - My FAVORITE Stephen King book is The Talisman. It was also the first book I ever read by him and it got me HOOKED. What did you think of Black House? By the way, nice name.

I 've read it 2 years ago and i still remember all the characters, their names and everything from this book. I think Stephen King's worst book is
"The Tommyknockers". Did you like it?
I don't know what to read next "Rage" or "Thinner"?

No, I didn't like The Tommyknockers. I couldn't really get into it. I did like Thinner though. I don't really remember Rage.

Have you read The Eyes of the Dragon? That was also one of my favorites!

My mum told me that his becomming blind and might stop writing soon :( Such a shame, his a good auther and many people like him.

RainbowGurl said:
My mum told me that his becomming blind and might stop writing soon :( Such a shame, his a good auther and many people like him.

He has said that he is going to stop writing, because he has run out of ideas. After the Dark Tower books he is not going to write any more.

From Stephen King's website

from the FAQ page at stephenking.com:

Is it true that you're going blind?
No, I'm not. I have a predisposition--and it's a genetic thing--to macular degeneration and that's a disease you can read about on the internet. It eventually results in blind spots and a loss of vision but I don't have any of the symptoms yet-just that predisposition and I think it's something that I may have to face in the future, but, no, I'm not going blind

as for not writing anymore:

Is it true that you have retired?
Not yet. I'm writing but I'm writing at a much slower pace than previously and I think that if I come up with something really, really good, I would be perfectly willing to publish it because that still feels like the final act of the creative process, publishing it so people can read it and you can get feedback and people can talk about it with each other and with you, the writer, but the force of my invention has slowed down a lot over the years and that's as it should be. I'm not a kid of 25 anymore and I'm not a young middle-aged man of 35 anymore-I'm 55 years old and I have grandchildren, two new puppies to house-train and I have a lot of things to do besides writing and that in and of itself is a wonderful thing but writing is still a big, important part of my life and of everyday.

Big Stephen King fan here. :D

Faves are The Stand and It. Enjoyed The Dark Tower series as well - liked how it ended. ;) My favourites of that series are the first four books (especially Wizard and Glass - though I know quite a few people didn't like that one :confused: ).

Back