• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stuck on an Island Question

Stewart said:
No, as I've already listed three movies on the other thread.

How? It's a list of three movies. Palm trees or not.
Okay, that's fine, then don't even post in the thread if you won't stay on topic. If you're tired of these retread of threads, then why even post in them? Ignore them.

Well, I don't know about you, but I have some imagination. It makes it a tad more fun if you think about the whole set up of being trapped on an island. And the deserted island question has been around for a while, so that is primarily why I included it than rather saying, "What three DVD's would you have if you could only have three." You also think about how you'll only have those three dvds on the island to watch ever, so you'll want to actually mix things up and add different genres so you don't get bored with one. It's a bit different. The DVD's I listed are in my top twenty, but they aren't my top three.

Lies said:
So you went from 50% to 90% the same thread as original.
Except I didn't see that, or I obviously wouldn't have been like, "You know what, I think this forum needs the same question asked twice on the same page. That's a great idea."

With my luck I'd be stuck on an island with nothing to watch but Seasons 1, 2 and 3 of Gilligan's Island...

Sonny673 said:
Okay, that's fine, then don't even post in the thread if you won't stay on topic. If you're tired of these retread of threads, then why even post in them? Ignore them.

I think the question is: why even post them?

Before you post them do a search to find out if the topic has been covered before. If it hasn't, create a new thread; if it has then post to that thread.

Simple forum etiquette.

Sonny673 said:
Except I didn't see that, or I obviously wouldn't have been like, "You know what, I think this forum needs the same question asked twice on the same page. That's a great idea."
That's why I keep posting these links. I'm not trying to be a pain, I would just really appreciate it if people used the search engine more. It's a really great tool.

And just to appease:

Films
  1. Last Year In Marienbad
  2. Amelie
  3. The Fountainhead

Music
  1. And No More Shall We Part by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
  2. Silence Is Sexy by Einstürzende Neubauten
  3. Luke Haines Is Dead by Luke Haines/The Auteurs

Games
  1. A set of playing cards - many games
  2. A bumper pad with pens - many games
  3. Trivial Pursuit, all editions

I'd probably cheat a bit on the DVDs. I'd find a good show and bring the first three seasons. That way I'd have DAYS of entertainment.

As far as CDs go, I'd bring three mix CDs. One of classic rock, one of more recent songs and one of classic music. This way I'd never be bored.

For games I'd bring Tuck (which involves a deck of cards - two for one), scrabble and trivial pursuit. I'd hope that Ell and Stewart would be on the island with me so I'd have someone to play with. I bet I'd kick Stewart's ass in Disney Trivial Pursuit!

Stewart said:
I think the question is: why even post them?

Before you post them do a search to find out if the topic has been covered before. If it hasn't, create a new thread; if it has then post to that thread.

Simple forum etiquette.
That's the simple answer. Forum etiquette. However, you really didn't have to come off the way you did.

And thanks for pitying me and listing. :)

Sonny673 said:
And thanks for pitying me and listing. :)

Was the list everything you hoped it would be? :D

Regarding your choice of games...what's the point? They are the sort of game you can complete and then...well, that's it! :confused:

Stewart said:
Was the list everything you hoped it would be? :D

Regarding your choice of games...what's the point? They are the sort of game you can complete and then...well, that's it! :confused:
You might think so, but since they have come out (which I think was around 96 for Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil, and 2000 for Grand Theft Auto 3) I have gone back and played them because they keep pulling me in.
I also mentioned Everquest, simply because that's a game you can't exactly finish.

Stewart said:
Yeah, but it probably has orcs and pixies. ;)
Haha, someone has played or heard of it. :p
My friends and I played it from 8th grade to Sophmore year in High School. Now, I barely play computer games, but when I did, I'd put about 12+ hours a day into Everquest. It was really scary how much we played it, but when I look back, it was so much fun.

Back