• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sucker for?

Wabbit

What aspects of a book will always draw it to you?

For me, I am drawn to a book set in an exotic location ( especially Spain, Latin America, or the orient ) or time. If it's magic realism that's also a big draw for me. Lastly, I like books that have a noir private eye element to it.

What about you lot? :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit said:
What aspects of a book will always draw it to you?

For me, I am drawn to a book set in an exotic location ( especially Spain, Latin America, or the orient ) or time. If it's magic realism that's also a big draw for me. Lastly, I like books that have a noir private eye element to it.

What about you lot? :)

Regards
SillyWabbit
For me, it's time (pre-20th century, the older the better), and conversation. I'll pick up a book for the time period it's written in, and find it interesting (usually) once the characters start talking.

A well written period drama i just love the way they speak also books that have an element of magic in them so that my imagination can run wild. :D

Something not set in America and usually not set in the current time period. I like magic, adventures, and the ability to forget about the "real" world.

Good question, I'll have to think about this ..

Cheers, Martin
Grin.gif

books with animals in em, and heros! im a sucker for the bronzen, musclular hero! how he gets there in the nick of time, gets beaten up alot and has massive flaws but lives with them! also anything totally fantasy like unicorns faeries, knights, kings queens and princes etc.

amy :D

Books dealing with people who have ESP-type powers, such as telekinesis, pyrokinesis, telepathy etc. (not that I've found very many, though!) :D

For me... a bit of romance :) The story can be about anything so long as at some point there's a little bit of romance :D Lol

Freya said:
For me... a bit of romance :) The story can be about anything so long as at some point there's a little bit of romance :D Lol
Now that one I could see and agree with, now that you mention it. I don't like pure "romance" novels, but I do like it when the characters I've gotten so attached to get involved.

Back