• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Summer Reading

I have a few to read for the summer but the two I have left just for more time
are The Historian and WWE.They are biggys.

Yes. Get crackin'!
lenny nero said:
You better score some amphetamines and Red Bull.

:sigh: Well, I think y'all should split the reading list with me & fill me in. :(

Has anyone read any of them?

Libra6Poe said:
Guy Mannering by Walter Scott
Vanity Fair by William Thackeray
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (which I've read 8 years ago)
Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Middlemarch by George Eliot

I read Great Expectations in high school. It's a pretty fast read. Aside from that, I can't help you.

Too bad you didn't take a cyberpunk course.

My main goal is to finish a lot of books that have been gathering dust on the shelves over the summer. I also like to read romances over the summer. As if it needed to get any steamier. ;) Although I might grab one or two deeper reads, I generally plan to spend time enjoying romance and adventure.

You could always watch the Masterpiece Theatre versions.
I wouldn't know where to go for that. Video store?
sparkchaser said:
That's a good idea. You could also use the ever popular Cliff Notes.
I always check Spark Notes & Wikipedia & Google... but I'm out of luck on "Guy Mannering" and maybe a few others.

So, I'm taking a class called, "The English Novel in the 19th Century."
Here is what I must read between today (June 5th) to July 11th:
  • Guy Mannering by Walter Scott
  • Vanity Fair by William Thackeray
  • Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (which I've read 8 years ago)
  • Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  • Middlemarch by George Eliot

Any comments?

Interesting choices. I love English lit. I've taken all my required English courses, otherwise I would be those classes too.

My summer reading will focus on Speech communications and some elective reading aside from that.

:sigh: Well, I think y'all should split the reading list with me & fill me in. :(

Has anyone read any of them?

I have Emily Brontes -Wuthering Heights waiting for me.

Isabell, The Historian I started but let it go for now cause I was not concentrating enough. I plan to start it over.

My reading choices are pretty much the same all year around. I guess if I did more holidaying in Summer, I'd be more inclined to pick up something 'light' and easy to carry around. As I tend to be a homebody, and do most of my reading indoors, it makes no difference whether it's Summer or Winter.

Back