• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

TBF: Moderation Issues

My recollection is that political/international affairs forums at NYT run a tremendous number of posts per day, day in day out. But that's far afield from what we are talking about here. Their book forums are splintered and pretty tepid. So I too am curious.
Peder

another factor in TBF's favor is the comraderie and fellowship that thrives here. Even when we're debating, and things get a bit heated, I see lots of personal interaction going on that seems lacking in many other places I've seen. It makes for a great place to hang out.

I agree. TBF doesn't have as much traffic as it used to but it's still one of the busiest boards I know.

There's tons of forums with a lot more traffic than TBF.

Prisontalk, where I have visited lately in preparation for college work, currently has 1599 active users, and it's early in the US.

Beliefnet.com is a very active forum, and possibly somewhere to discuss relgion/politics etc if you can find your way around, it's very confusing.

But another book forum, as active as this one?

Prisontalk, where I have visited lately in preparation for college work, currently has 1599 active users, and it's early in the US.

I take it that the forum is one place where you don't want folks knowing where you live?

I've just checked out prisontalk and there's now 2200 on there. I bet the moderation team on there take plenty of shit. Probably make the odd spat on here seem like a walk in the park.;)

SFG75 said:
I take it that the forum is one place where you don't want folks knowing where you live?

Hehe, I don't know, it's mainly the families of the prisoners that post on there, and they all seem very "supportive" of each other. But the general feeling is that 90% of their loved ones, those incarcerated, are innocent :eek: :rolleyes:

Hmmm. :rolleyes:

LOL blueboatdriver, see we at TBF have it easy! ;)

hehe, I just checked the one forum, non book, that I frequent every day numerous times. It has 25,000 members and currently there are 461 active members online. BTW, I have a topic on that forum that has the most posts ever, it is approaching 3700 posts at this time with well over 68,000 views.

I just checked another forum that I also frequent and it currently has 467 members online at this moment.

steffee said:
Hehe, I don't know, it's mainly the families of the prisoners that post on there, and they all seem very "supportive" of each other. But the general feeling is that 90% of their loved ones, those incarcerated, are innocent :eek: :rolleyes:

Hmmm. :rolleyes:

LOL blueboatdriver, see we at TBF have it easy! ;)

Oh, so their son/brother who was holding the television set outside of the pawn shop was just saving it from a fire or potential fire right?;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

SFG75 said:
Oh, so their son/brother who was holding the television set outside of the pawn shop was just saving it from a fire or potential fire right?;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

There are women in these places too, SFG. :)

SFG75 said:

Yeah, something like that, a favourite quote is "my man was just in the wrong place at the wrong time". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Or they were really innocent, wrong man (or woman!) kinda thing. :rolleyes:

StillILearn said:
There are women in these places too, SFG. :)

Too true. My dh used to play keyboard in a Christian group, and they had the opportunity to do prision ministry. As sad as the men's facilities were, the women's prison seemed even worse. So many were there because they chose the wrong guy.

Top 5 book titles in prison:

5.)Jail breaks for Dummies.

4.)Shank crafting: How to make a great one with limited items.

3.)Powerpoint advantage: How to win over the parole board

2.)The Johnny Cochran guide to self-representation in court

1.)You hurt my feelings when......: How to convey your feelings to prison yard bullies.

:D :D :D

abecedarian said:
Too true. My dh used to play keyboard in a Christian group, and they had the opportunity to do prision ministry. As sad as the men's facilities were, the women's prison seemed even worse. So many were there because they chose the wrong guy.

A lot of the women I met in there were in for bad checks and/or for trying to "stop the cycle fo violence" with violence. Some were grannies. :cool:

But that's another story.

Back