• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tell me if this has been done...

Irene Wilde said:
but I just started wondering. All these colorful monikers...where do they come from? How did you come by your screen name?

Irene Wilde
(Which is a song title and not my name)

Watercrystal comes from a book, Hidden Messages from Water. Here is a piece of information about watercrystal:

Mr. Masaru Emoto in Japan had a theory that when water molecules crystallize, pure water becomes pure crystal, but contaminated water may not crystallize as beautifully. In 1994, he started his experiments of photographing the crystals of different waters. He succeeded in the end to take photos of spring water, rain water, river water, and lakes all around the world. When he looked at the crystal pictures, the most important thing he noticed, was that the water tried to form a completed "hexagonal crystal structure".

From experiments he learned that the chipping away and/or collapsing of crystal structure were not good signs. He felt that the water showed different "faces of water". The water is trying very hard to be a "clear water" (a beautiful looking crystal). Regretfully, it is a known fact that chlorine and other chemical substances added to water for purifying purposes are not good for the body, nevertheless most people in industrial countries drink such water.

Mr. Emoto discovered that tap water and contaminated water (urban rivers, lakes, etc.) could not form a full hexagonal structure. Some of the urban waters showed twisted and very deformed crystals. Therefore, we wanted to see the different crystal pictures from tap water, and when we added coral in the same water. Here is the result:

awww.coralcalcium.net_images_tapcrystal.jpg

awww.coralcalcium.net_images_coralcrystal.jpg

As you can see, the tap water formed a deformed picture and the coral water formed a beautiful crystal.

Idun is a Nordic goddess of youth, wife of Bragi, god of poetry. She protected golden apples, which gave gods eternal youth.

I use my real name everywhere, but I can tell you how it came to be spelled funny. My parents thought that Ashley (with a Y) looked like a boy's name, so they changed it to end in an A, based on a suggestion from Mom's hairdresser. I have a couple namesakes now, so that's kinda cool.

So it's pronounced Ashley? I always pronounced it (in my head) Ashleia (you know, as in Princess Leia).

Cheers

I was a Sapper when I was in the Army, and the number 41 has come up in my life alot, it was my number for two 10k races I ran, and I didn't get to pick the number it was given to me, It was my badge number while I worked at the Sheriff's Office again I didn't get to pick it, the number was given to me, and it was Ben Hur's number when he was a slave on the Roman war ship!

watercrystal said:
Watercrystal comes from a book, Hidden Messages from Water. Here is a piece of information about watercrystal:

Mr. Masaru Emoto in Japan had a theory that when water molecules crystallize, pure water becomes pure crystal, but contaminated water may not crystallize as beautifully. In 1994, he started his experiments of photographing the crystals of different waters. He succeeded in the end to take photos of spring water, rain water, river water, and lakes all around the world. When he looked at the crystal pictures, the most important thing he noticed, was that the water tried to form a completed "hexagonal crystal structure".

From experiments he learned that the chipping away and/or collapsing of crystal structure were not good signs. He felt that the water showed different "faces of water". The water is trying very hard to be a "clear water" (a beautiful looking crystal). Regretfully, it is a known fact that chlorine and other chemical substances added to water for purifying purposes are not good for the body, nevertheless most people in industrial countries drink such water.

Mr. Emoto discovered that tap water and contaminated water (urban rivers, lakes, etc.) could not form a full hexagonal structure. Some of the urban waters showed twisted and very deformed crystals. Therefore, we wanted to see the different crystal pictures from tap water, and when we added coral in the same water. Here is the result:

awww.coralcalcium.net_images_tapcrystal.jpg

awww.coralcalcium.net_images_coralcrystal.jpg

As you can see, the tap water formed a deformed picture and the coral water formed a beautiful crystal.

Those crystals are really beautful and have a poetry about them. The more uncontaminated they are, the more beautiful. Water is so abundant and yet so beautiful and magical. Even more so, you see they can produce thease strange crystals :) I like them, and it's a good name :)

Indun said:
Idun is a Nordic goddess of youth, wife of Bragi, god of poetry. She protected golden apples, which gave gods eternal youth.

Great and appropriate name! :)

I don't care what people say, I'm not weird, I'm unique. I found mine whilst I was one day browsing through my Thesaurus, and I think it describes me well. "A rare or unique person or thing."

Ashlea.

Maybe your parents were thinking of Ashley Wilkes from Gone With the Wind? Funny enough, the actor who playted him had the effeminate name Leslie Howard.

Novella

I'm sure that was part of it. In 1975 the name wasn't ubiquitous as it is now. (Everyone please note, I used ubiquitous in a sentence. Possibly correctly.)

Pronounced just like the standard. Tho in 1981 (when I was 6) we had a Hurricane Alicia, and that made everyone pronounce it wrong for years.

Well Catalyst is from the set of books by Robin Hobb. The character Fitz is the Catalyst and The Fool is the White Prophet.
It was either going to be Changer or Catalyst and Catalyst sounded cooler.

Amy :D

Im sorry but i must be really slow today...explain what you mean by 'I take it that the latter sped up that decision?' Heh i am really sorry but my brain must be addled. I fell off the horse i was riding today....:(

Amy :D

SillyWabbit said:
Those crystals are really beautful and have a poetry about them. The more uncontaminated they are, the more beautiful. Water is so abundant and yet so beautiful and magical. Even more so, you see they can produce thease strange crystals :) I like them, and it's a good name :)

Thanks for your kind words. :)

Yes, when the water given different messages (such as love, hatred, sad, gratitude, etc,), they can produce very different crystals. When they listened to different music (by Bethon-spelling?, or Mozart, or Bach), their formation are very different.

Back