• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tell the truth now...

Miss Shelf

do you read your horoscope every day? Do you prefer the one in the newspaper, or do you get it daily online? Do you believe in it, or do you look at it as something that's just for fun? Has a horoscope prediction ever come true for you? Would you avoid doing something like traveling because your horoscope said it would be a bad idea?

I look at mine both in the newspaper and on my home page, I like the newspaper one better than the one my home page gives me. I don't really believe in it, but if it says something bad is going to happen, I'm a little more careful that day. :eek: I think a few of my star sign's predictions have been true but none so important that I recall them. I'd be a little more careful if my horoscope said it was going to be a tough day. Better to be safe than sorry, right? :rolleyes:

I read my destiny in the US billboard charts.
Let's see what this week has in store for me:

First off, Daniel Powter - Bad Day.
Oh no! This isn't very promising at all!

Sean Paul - Temperature
Well, that was kinda pointless of the charts to say, since it's very obvious that it's getting warmer and warmer here these days (snow's finally melting)

Ne-Yo - So Sick
Damn! I just had a bad cold a few weeks ago, I could really do without getting ill again :mad:

James Blunt - You're Beautiful
:eek:
I hope this isn't a sign that some horrible, horrible twee indie-fux is going to come on to me.

Mary J. Blige - Be without you
Oh, well, at least it seems I'll easily dodge him/her

Well, I'm not going to read my whole horoscope for y'all...

Miss Shelf, you gotta know your south nodes from your north nodes to be any kind of accurate. There's your rising sign and your moon sign, not to mention all those degrees. There's Saturn trine Pluto in the twelfth house. I know identical twins who were born with different horoscopes entirely. The I-Ching, palmistry or tea leaves are way more accurate than those one-size-fits-all horoscopes. And then you have to throw in your free will.

I say -- take your umbrella with you -- but go on the picnic anyway. :D

I read mine (and those of everyone I know :rolleyes: ) every Wednesday. I don't know why only on Wednesdays, but there you go. And they're in the newspaper, the ones I read.

Horoscopes? God no.
I can't say I trust anything that informs me that my fate will be equivalent to that of a twelfth to the world's population.
Today's horoscope (paper): You will experience marital strife today.
Today's horoscope (online): You will resolve a spousal conflict today.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

veggiedog said:
Today's horoscope (paper): You will experience marital strife today.
Today's horoscope (online): You will resolve a spousal conflict today.
See, what it means is you will fall out, and then make up again. And I bet a twelfth of the world's population (the married or cohabiting or whatever ones anyway) will. ;)

I fully believe that if there was a way to correctly foretell the future, we would go out of our way to prove it wrong. As a parent, I have found this belief to have merit. Thus, no, I do not read the horoscopes. Truthfully, I find the comics page to have the better advice concerning how life will be and how best to respond to it.

steffee said:
See, what it means is you will fall out, and then make up again. And I bet a twelfth of the world's population (the married or cohabiting or whatever ones anyway) will. ;)

I wonder how this will happen, as I am a minor who has no intention of getting married anytime soon. For the horoscope to be fulfilled, I would have to get married, have an argument with my husband, and resolve the argument all in one day. Somehow I have doubts...

I will admit, however, that horoscopes can be amusing, and it quite entertaining to ridicule them. :D

I read this almost every day: http://www.humorscope.com :D

Today mine is: "An eldrich fiend will hover at the edge of your sight, tonight, as you look out your window. Not a particularly good day for a midnight stroll."

*mrkgnao*

My mom and my aunt are very into horoscopes by Jonathan Cainer, they even bought me a book with a years worth of my personal horoscopes from him last year. They check his site all the time, I will read mine if I see it somewhere but don't really look for it. I do cards instead :)

mrkgnao said:
I read this almost every day: http://www.humorscope.com :D

Today mine is: "An eldrich fiend will hover at the edge of your sight, tonight, as you look out your window. Not a particularly good day for a midnight stroll."
*mrkgnao*

Ooooh! What fun!
Mine is: "You will believe a completely ridiculous hoax about a computer virus today, and everyone will tease you mercilessly."
Computer virus or not, they will tease me mercilessly anwyay. :D

Oh wow, I love it, it's my new site du jour.

You will be struck by an odd thought, today. Fortunately it will be only a glancing blow, and will do little actual damage.

I check it on occassion, if the crossword is a bit tough and my eyes wander across the paper. Other than that, not at all.

I think its bunch of hooey so I never read my horoscope..my cousin and my hubby were born on the same day, in the same hospital and they're living proof that astrology is malarky..total opposites.

I read mine very occasionally if I have absolutely nothing better to do.

As for their accuracy - I guess, statistically, they have to be right sometimes!

Motokid said:
I prefer to leave my destiny to fortune cookies from the Chinese take-out place.
I find them remarkably accurate, but only if I give them an innuendo not suitable for an open forum.

Back