• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Telling person's character by his music collection

So here was the suggestion:

No hurry. I'll be gone for the weekend. I say create another thread for music libraries in the music section.

I may start with my CD collection - can you tell the personality ? (I mean, from the CDs, not from my previous posts :D

pic2

I'd say you are in your late 30's to early 40's. Wordly, fairly liberal with regards to politics, laid back, and have a good taste in music. :D

I'd say you could be any age over 30. You are open minded and have above average intelligence. You don't suffer from OCD:) as your CDs aren't in alphabetically meticulous order.

Great music you have there.

Thanks for all of you, very flattering...

I'd say you could be any age over 30.
Great music you have there.

That is overestimation.... I am below 30, but does not matter. I think that judging by CDs is harder today - most of my new music is on my MP3. My latest (and the only in the last 3 years) "physical" CD purchase was Patricia Barber, a young Jazz singer + her quartet. I heard her live, in Chicago, and got excited... Otherwise I get everything mainly in MP3 formats, already for 4 or 5 years....

Anybody else? Other music collections?

You have PULP different class? I used to. I've got His and Her's and I have a CD called Countdown. Most of Cocker's good songs are stiffled[not ruined] by the instrumentation arrangements in the recordings. Like Little Girl With Blue Eyes sounds better if played a little faster on a folk guitar. It's just that he may obscure some of his melodies by the slow tempo recordings and his strange voice.

That is overestimation.... I am below 30, but does not matter. I think that judging by CDs is harder today - most of my new music is on my MP3.

That's a good point. Fortunately for you, all of my MP3s have come off of CDs that I own (I prefer having the physical item which is one reason I'm not a fan of ebooks but I digress) so judging me should be pretty straightforward.

Expect my CDs up tonight or tomorrow. :D

First, better late then never right?

Second, apologies for the large images.

Third, a few notables are missing from the pic because they are either at work or in the car or borrowed out. Ones that spring into mind are Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and a few of the Wallflower's albums.

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_CD1_1.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_CD1_2.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_CD1_3.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_CD1_4.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_CD2_1.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_CD2_2.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_smileys_rofl.gifI certainly can't argue with that.

I detest hip hop with almost every fiber of my half-white being. I make a few exceptions though. Ozomatli, Beastie Boys, and RATM spring to mind.

Wow, what a collection! I actually do not know what to say... Again - as with the book pictures that you sent, your CD titles say that are very open-minded, with broad interests. I already spotted some CDs that I would like to borrow if I visited you (Though I myself hate when people borrow my CDs. I never get them back! - So I'm typically very shy and not persistent when borrowing myself :) ) - that's however not a problem with the digital format, where I simply share with people whatever they want.

I think that you are a very cool man. I really mean it! :cool:

not white hip hop,like eminen and beasty boys though.

I though more of jazz,soul,blues,funk,reagge......?

Eminem was a gift I think.

For Jazz I have several Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. SRV and Susan Tedeschi for blues. Not into funk and reggae too much. Nowadays my interests lie in altcountry and folk.

Saliotthomas, can you post your music collection? After that note above, I'm curious how your music looks like :) ???

As have been changing places often,most of my CD's are one those folder things,I have 3 of those with 200 each,The other half is on my PC.Like books,i love all kind and i am all curious of something different or new.I didn't intend to be offensive,it's the the first thing i saw.
If you are really interrested all my music is shared on audio books hubs,along with my books.Pm me then

Back