• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Telling person's character by his music collection

C_All-full;init:.jpg
You enjoy, or at least you did enjoy classic rock at some point in your life. Pretty clever right?

You are a woman (I realize it says so in your profile but I would have known anyway because no man owns Suzanne Vega;)

You picture yourself as somewhat secular, well-balanced and ecclectic and you rarely buy the same genre of music two times in a row.

How'd I do?

First, better late then never right?

Second, apologies for the large images.

Third, a few notables are missing from the pic because they are either at work or in the car or borrowed out. Ones that spring into mind are Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and a few of the Wallflower's albums.

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_CD1_1.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_CD1_2.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_CD1_3.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_CD1_4.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_CD2_1.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_CD2_2.jpg
First off I am guessing your music is mingling with someone else's. K.D. Lang juxtaposed with Linkin Park is my evidence.

Next. You like to drink on ocassion (probably something warm weather oriented, say margaritas? Corona?) perhaps play a game of cards and when you do there is some Americana (Cash, Wilco, Rev. Horton Heat) playing in the background. Excellent choices all.

Last. You have so many books in your home that you have nowhere to place your music other than to stack them out in the open.

Remotely close?

By the way, my Dad loves Bela Fleck. We saw him in concert about a year ago and it was tremendous. Our tastes in music are pretty similar and I will try to get pictures of mine on here at some point. It will be many pictures though if I do.

Not even close on any point. Except for the liking to drink part but I don't like fruity girl drinks. :p

The Linkin Park and kd lang are both mine. kd lang is my favorite female vocalist and I think her country stuff is her best.

You enjoy, or at least you did enjoy classic rock at some point in your life. Pretty clever right?

You are a woman (I realize it says so in your profile but I would have known anyway because no man owns Suzanne Vega;)

You picture yourself as somewhat secular, well-balanced and ecclectic and you rarely buy the same genre of music two times in a row.

How'd I do?

Nice try ;)

But I will not tell you whether I am a woman or a man. In this forum I recall one MUST specify the gender so I did it with a 50% probability :)

Hm, Suzanne Vega... I was writing my dissertation, and the only stuff I could listen to was female voices. Helped to concentrate. Thus, many CDs there have female presence (the biggest part is on my MP3 player...). However it brings me an idea of a Suzanne Vega poll - I will create it here. I think that you pointed on a very interesting point :cool:

But the rest of it - somewhat secular, well-balanced and ecclectic, are correct :D

Post your music, joderu95 :cool: ?

Not even close on any point. Except for the liking to drink part but I don't like fruity girl drinks. :p

The Linkin Park and kd lang are both mine. kd lang is my favorite female vocalist and I think her country stuff is her best.

Crap. I thought this might be tough.

Nice try ;)

But I will not tell you whether I am a woman or a man. In this forum I recall one MUST specify the gender so I did it with a 50% probability :)

Hm, Suzanne Vega... I was writing my dissertation, and the only stuff I could listen to was female voices. Helped to concentrate. Thus, many CDs there have female presence (the biggest part is on my MP3 player...). However it brings me an idea of a Suzanne Vega poll - I will create it here. I think that you pointed on a very interesting point :cool:

But the rest of it - somewhat secular, well-balanced and ecclectic, are correct :D

Post your music, joderu95 :cool: ?

Very clever about the gender thing and I am not asking for any disclosure on this. I can appreciate the value of good disinformation. Careful how you make that poll. Wording, context, intonation (noting my seemingly obvious bias) could all skew your results. I will gladly participate.

Very much from the far reaches...

sparkchaser, your collection truly is diverse and from the far reaches of the musical spectrum.

System of a Down to KD Lang & Rufus Wainwright! From Johnny Cash to Queensryche! We must be talking multiple personality orders! Move over the Three Faces of Eve...
(Oh and did I detect an attempt at alphabetizing in there!!)

Yes to Pixies, Breeders, Led Zepp and, most of all, Bright Eyes - superb songwriting.

Oh, I see you fell for that Sondre Lerche con! Me too:mad:

Looking forward, Bart.

sparkchaser, your collection truly is diverse and from the far reaches of the musical spectrum.

Thanks but I wouldn't go that far.

System of a Down to KD Lang & Rufus Wainwright! From Johnny Cash to Queensryche! We must be talking multiple personality orders! Move over the Three Faces of Eve...
(Oh and did I detect an attempt at alphabetizing in there!!)

I have to admit that ever since I moved last July, I have not unpacked my music for many reasons (chiefly laziness and most of my music is on my iPod) but it was packed right off of the rack so it's more or less in alphabetical order.

Yes to Pixies, Breeders, Led Zepp and, most of all, Bright Eyes - superb songwriting.

I have a lot more older stuff from my college days but I think my sisters "borrowed" them.

Oh, I see you fell for that Sondre Lerche con! Me too:mad:

Yeah. I fell for that too. Only one song on that CD I enjoyed. :mad:

Back