• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tennis

Hmmmm .. Anna Kournikova ..

Cheers, Martin
Grin.gif

I'll second that, and raise you a tongue lolling out!!

Plus, my god, did Tim Henman just actually win!! :eek:

Phil

Martin said:
Hmmmm .. Anna Kournikova ..
You are certainly aware that she has never won any competition?

And it's said that it is women who watch sport only because of handsome players...

phil_t said:
Plus, my god, did Tim Henman just actually win!! :eek
I'm also surprised. Especially after he was loosing 2-0. How do you think - does he have a chance to beat Chela?

You are certainly aware that she has never won any competition?
Yes, and?

As long as she looks as good as she does while sucking at tennis, I'm there!

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif

Martin said:
Yes, and?
And we should talk about SPORT here, not about some girl's appearance. Who cares how she looks like? Her skills are important!

I love tennis! <3 I play tennis! <3

And I agree, it is great to watch tennis. I like Arnaud Clement and Roger Federer =) Clement for his powerful serves and Federer for his tactics. ^,^

Federer is out already, right?

Too bad, I like him too. I especially like Andy Roddick. He knows how to play the crowd, and that service! Wow!

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif

I don't watch much tennis, but did you see the match Roddick played in a number on months ago that seemed to last forever?

That was amazing!

RaVeN

I think I remember, yeah. It was against Younes El Aynaoui - the set-scores were 4-6, 7-6 (5), 4-6, 6-4, 21-19. The best match I have ever seen - I ended up screaming at my tv. It was the 2003 Australian Open, by the way.

From this site, somewhere:
At the Australian Open played one the longest matches in the Open era against Younes El Aynaoui in the quarterfinals. Roddick defeated the Moroccan 4-6, 7-6 (5), 4-6, 6-4, 21-19 in a match lasting 4 hours, 59 minutes. At 2:23, it was the longest fifth set in the Open era. Roddick, who suffered an injury late in the fifth set against El Aynaoui, lost his first major semifinal to Rainer Schuettler.
Brilliant!!

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif

Martin said:
Federer is out already, right?

Too bad, I like him too. I especially like Andy Roddick. He knows how to play the crowd, and that service! Wow!

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif

He is?! :eek:

What's Roddick's nationality? I'm only familiar with the French and Swiss players. =(

Stella Leanna said:
He is?! :eek:

What's Roddick's nationality? I'm only familiar with the French and Swiss players. =(
He's American.

I'm more disappointed that Andre went out in the 1st <sigh> :(

But what's really shocking is on the women's side. Both Williams sisters are out - I think it opens the door for Jennifer Capriati. Not a big fan of hers, but she's made quite the comeback. :rolleyes:

Predictions? Men: Leighton Hewitt; Women: Capriati

Ell :)

I'm not really following it this year (because I spend to friggin' much time behind the fecking machine!!), so I can't make predictions. I've always been a fan of Mark Philipoussis (does he play this year, and if so, is he still in), so I'd like him to win.

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif

Martin said:
I've always been a fan of Mark Philipoussis (does he play this year, and if so, is he still in), so I'd like him to win.
He played this year and lost in the first round with L.Horna in three sets.

Back