• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Terry Goodkind: Wizards First Rule

shanemckiness

was my favorite book of all time. It still is. But has anyone heard of what he is doing to cap off the series? Ending a series with a series is a disgrace to a good series. I want to cry. Someone please beat terry goodkind with a broomstick. :)

I would enjoy that. He has the most aggravating personnality. If you've ever read an interview with him you'll know what I mean.
And I think his books suck as well.

Hate him

Yeah, I mean, Wizards First Rule & Stone of Tears are masterpieces. The other books are good too, but the fact is, the series was about Richard and Kahlan, not about the Order and all the crap. Now, my favorite series is Crown of Stars, written by kate elliot. Her next book will cap the series, and I can't wait!
-shane

I like this series, up to book 6 and then I think it should have stopped :eek:

It's just one big ramble now and that so disappointed me :(

rune said:
I like this series, up to book 6 and then I think it should have stopped :eek:

It's just one big ramble now and that so disappointed me :(

I can't actually remember how far I got with this one. :eek: I think about book 5, and then I gave up. There were too many new characters introduced purely so they could have the plot to date explained to them, and the story never really seemed to progress. The series started out with a bad guy and a quest, and it all got sorted out nicely, but then it really did get bogged down in itself, and nothing ever seemed to get concluded. It was a shame really, I quite liked the Mord Sith and he did have some fun ideas, but then it just turned into a catalogue of sexual violence and farcical (sp?) misunderstandings and I couldn't be bothered to continue.

I'd probably recommend people to just read about the first 4 books and then make up a nice ending in their heads without ruining the series by reading the rest. :(

Oooo I REALLY liked the first 2 books, read them cover to cover, totaly abandoned my sleeping pattern. But then it all got a bit boring, I'm glad other ppl found them rambly and almost pointless. A bit harsh maybe. But I didn't get beyond the 4th book.

The first book inspired the most BIZARRE dreams I've ever had. I dreamt I was Kahlan for a start, things just degenerated from that point :)

I really enjoyed the books though - would anyone recommend anything similarish that you think I might enjoy?

im ashamed at all of you! i luv the books!!!! every one of them... i guess you just dont appreciate a good fantasy series if it hits you in the face!!! sry, i was overeacting... but the fact that hes finishing it off with a trilogy is because it would be too long to attractively fit into one book, and it wouldn't be right to have them seperate books- just like Garth Nix was gonna finish with lirael, but it would have been too long in the publishers terms. sheesh!

Alright, alright - we can tell by your name that you're a bit of a fan. But a lot of us have a completely different opinion of this series. I'm with those folk above who enjoyed the first few, but now have abandoned the series. Allow for the fact that people will always have a different opinion to you.

Back