• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Aristocrats joke

amcartoon

has anyone heard the joke, "The Aristocrats"? its a joke where you make your own version as disgusting and perverted as possible, the purpose of this thread is so that people can tell their versions.

I haven't heard the joke, but I doubt whether it's appropriate for this forum. Keep in mind that some of our members are children.

Thank-you, Mr Shovel. I assume then, that this joke is something we are meant to find ironically amusing...

Having looked at the wikipedia link, I would suggest this sort of thing is not suited for the forum - see the membership agreement for details on profanity.

Can a mod clarify before some inappropriate messages appear here? I can see this quickly becoming not PG 13.

Well, thanks, now I finally know the joke. :rolleyes:
But I also know a clean version with a different puch line. :cool:
Live and learn, :)
Peder

Kookamoor said:
Having looked at the wikipedia link, I would suggest this sort of thing is not suited for the forum - see the membership agreement for details on profanity.

Can a mod clarify before some inappropriate messages appear here? I can see this quickly becoming not PG 13.
I agree. Surely there are more interesting things to talk about.

Um, I hate to be the bad mom around here, but if you check the profile of the member who originated this thread, he's only 13..

Devil here...13 is the minimum required age for TBF members. He's legal.

And there's nothing in his post that could require locking. What would become suspect would be the possible reply's.

Motokid said:
Devil here...13 is the minimum required age for TBF members. He's legal.

And there's nothing in his post that could require locking. What would become suspect would be the possible reply's.

That's fine, but I won't be playing..

abecedarian said:
That's fine, but I won't be playing..

That's the best way to handle a suspect thread. If you don't like it, stay out. By posting in it you call attention to it.

From the membership agreement:
"2.7 To compy with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, The Book Forum does not allow members who are younger than 13yrs to signup for site membership."

Ignoring something objectionable is not necessarily the best way to deal with it.
I, for one, think the "joke" is vulgar, and extrememly un-funny, and appealing only to a juvenile sense of humor, as the original poster undoubtedly posseses.
The weight of response to his suggestion is clearly negative. Maybe he (she???) will take the hint and realize that this activity is ill-suited to a literary forum, and suited only to an adolescent gathering in a treehouse, clubhouse, or overnight camping trip, - out of earshot of their adult chaperons - lest they get their mouth washed out with soap or their allowance suspended.

If this thread had been ignored completely it would be buried in a matter of hours. After a day or two the only person who would know it exisited was the originator. By posting objections it keeps popping to the top of the general chat chart and new posts screen. Which then "begs" for people to view it...which then begs for them to comment....it's circle of life....

I think ignore works way better than comment even if it's a negative comment. The only bad press is no press.

Motokid said:
If this thread had been ignored completely it would be buried in a matter of hours. After a day or two the only person who would know it exisited was the originator. By posting objections it keeps popping to the top of the general chat chart and new posts screen. Which then "begs" for people to view it...which then begs for them to comment....it's circle of life....

I think ignore works way better than comment even if it's a negative comment. The only bad press is no press.

But here you go, Moto, commenting on the fact that people are commenting, and thus participating yourself.
By your logic, an unruly child in a restaurant or theater should be ignored, hoping that the lack of attention will discourage the little bugger, rather than rapped sharply on the back of the head - the weight and bluntness of the rapping instrument I would leave up to the parent - but clearly something must be said or done to teach youngsters how to behave in a social gathering.

i think things like this should be commented on so that people are given the chance to ammend their ways, and for others to see what is and is not acceptable.

First of all, you must not know me very well....I love to debate. It's why I'm here for the most part. Conversation. Dabate. Argue. Call it what you will.

Also, there's a major difference between a thread in a general chat forum, which as of yet has not broken any rules, and a wild child in a restaurant.

Had this thread been ignored completely it would have sent a very loud message.

edit: and a louder message would be to ignore the thread completely, and send the offender (in your eyes) a private message as to why you are ignoring the post.

Back