• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Biggles Forum

reg

Hi all
I love this forum chaps! But I throught I would just mention the Biggles Forum I am a member of:
http://www.greylizard.net/bigglesforum
I'm afraid that Biggles is the main thing I read (and other W.E.J. books) and I see that there is a smattering of Biggles action at this book forum.
Hope this is an interesting link for you all
Best regards
Reg

Hi reg - there's another new member who just posted an introduction in the new members area (here) and he's very into Biggles too.

Since we've now established that this thread is spam...

I've got to ask. Are these books as pointless and banal as they look?

Never read Biggles myself. It looked incredibly crap as a kid so as an adult...:eek: ...

Here's proof that it's spam. The same site, one post, listed here.

Is it spam? Justin found it to be useful. I know it doesn't look good when the first and only message is an advertisement, but it is not for profit and it is very book related.

Kookamoor said:
Is it spam?

It's advertising in a forum that specifies No Advertising.

Justin found it to be useful.
I'm sure a few people would find penis enlargements useful ( ;) ) but this is also spam.

I know it doesn't look good when the first and only message is an advertisement

I think it's really shallow when the person turns up with the sole intention of promoting their own site/forum/book/etc.

Especially this guy who states:

I love this forum chaps! But I throught I would just mention the Biggles Forum I am a member of:

I love this forum. Fair enough, you would think, since people are always happy to recommend other forums. We've even had threads here on such swaps.

The next bit "I am a member of" is the annoying bit. Reg, you see, is more than a member of the forum. He's the administrator. Why can't he just be honest and say that it's his forum and he's promoting it?

The book forum does not allow commercial products to be advertised on the forum. We noticed this post, after some discussion we decided to leave it as it's not pushing a product and some members of the forum may find it useful :)

Personally, I am not interested in Biggles or a forum based on it, but that does not mean that somebody else won't be interested.

I see your point, Stewart, and I agree that the poster should have been more honest about exactly how he was a 'member' of the forum he administrates. I also agree that if the spam was advertising pharmaceuticals for the enlargement of male genetalia, or brand new mortgage rates that it would be highly inappropriate. But would it be inappropriate to post such a thing if the poster was a regular user of this forum? For example if motokid, novella or even yourself found a chat forum that was specifically about dr seuss books and posted a new thread, would that be treated in the same manner? (not that I'm suggesting they would, just saying that they are regular forum users)

Not trying to stir anything up, just wondering...

We've had a number of threads that ask about web sites people visit. Why can't this link be put there by a regular TBF member?

I think a blatant spam thread by a one time poster ought to be locked right away. Regardless of what it's spamming.

I'm afraid you do Reg down, he's not an adminstrator on the Biggles forum, he is just a fan, I guess he's not got a lot to talk about unless it is Biggles I suppose.

I administer the Biggles forum, but I haven't bothered to promote it, and I don't read biggles books anymore either!

He is also my work colleague. Shame that there is not a place to share links here, to remove the spam/ not spam thing.

I joined this forum because Reg told me about it. :)

I guess he didn't see that it was no advertising.

Justin

Hello again, Sorry if my post turned into spam. I wanted to follow up but I went on holiday the next day. I wondered what anyone would say a sad old Biggles fan should read to start him off on non-Biggles lit? Reg :) :D

Back