• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe

Martin

So, there's this film due on december 9th, based on C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia. At first they're only turning The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe into a film, but I'm pretty sure they'll be doing all three of 'em.

Here's the official website: ---> link
Here's a boatload of information: ---> link
And here's some astounding footage: ---> link

So, what do you think?

Cheers

There are seven books, and I would love to see all of them in film :)

I'm really looking forward to this, having adored (as a child!) the BBC adaptation. It will be great to see what can be accomplished with a higher budget and slightly better casting.

Seven, eh? Well, I'm pretty sure the first one will go down well with the cinema-going audience, so there will be more than the one, but whether or not they'll be doing all seven I can't tell.

Cheers

I'm not sure that some of the later books would translate as well as the ones in the middle. The first book is also slightly thin on plot that can be developed for a film. And The Horse and His Boy involves a boy's journey with a talking horse, which might be a little hard to convey by film.

I'd say that the three ripe for interpretation into film are:

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Prince Caspian
The Voyage of the Dawntreader.

A talking horse shouldn't be a problem, I think. They can literally work magic on the big screen, now.

Cheers

Not so much the talking horse that is the issue - more the fact that the film is pretty much just those two until you get nearer the end.

Not so much the talking horse that is the issue - more the fact that the film is pretty much just those two until you get nearer the end.
Ah, ok, that would make for quite a boring movie, yeah.

Cheers

Looks very impressive :)

Not sure about seeing it though as I really like the books and the images in my head are a part of my childhood... but it looks so good that I am tempted to see it anyway.

magemanda said:
I' ve just finished reading this book to my six year old and I can't agree with you.
Although he really enjoyed this book we found it a little bit harder going than "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" and "The Magician's Nephew," due to some of the dialogue becoming a little complicated for a six year old (plenty of questions from him).There were more than enough characters to be getting on with though.
I do think "The Voyage of the Dawn Trader" would make an excellent film though.

The BBC did adaptations of:

The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
Prince Caspian and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair

Personally The Horse and his Boy is one of my favourites (but then I loved horses) - I'm not sure how it would come across on the big screen though.

The Lion the witch and the wardrobe

Its comming soon to cinema, this movie looks great! All new effects from computer. I would very much like to see it when its in the movies ;)

One of the most unexpected pleasures I had in going to the movies--which I only do rarely--on Thursday, was seeing the preview for this one.

It looks awesome, and I can't think of many books I enjoyed more in my childhood than the Narnia series.

The movies are going to cover the entire Chronicles AFAI could tell.

Super cool! They'll be making them for years!

Has anyone else seen the preview for this movie? It is to be released at christmas, I believe. I was never a fan of these books as a kid, actually, but the movie looks AMAZING!!! It is "visually stunning", although I haven't heard yet how it compares to the book.

i read the book as a kid and LOVED it..however, i have not yet seen the trailer for the movie..i think they made a movie of it a long time ago, but cannot remember too clearly..none the less....you should give it a quick read before seeing the movie... :)

Back