• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Elements of Celtic Christianity-Anthony Duncan

abecedarian

I just barely started this book this morning, but it looks like a great little book. Right from the start the author presents points that eloquently show how much the modern church has lost, that the Celts knew so well. In browsing around on amazon, I found another book I will have to looking into: The Celtic Way Of Evangelism:How Christianity Can Win the West..Again by George G. Hunter.

abecedarian said:
I just barely started this book this morning, but it looks like a great little book. Right from the start the author presents points that eloquently show how much the modern church has lost, that the Celts knew so well. In browsing around on amazon, I found another book I will have to looking into: The Celtic Way Of Evangelism:How Christianity Can Win the West..Again by George G. Hunter.

Sounds like a good read-we'll have to a Kansas-Nebraska book pass or something.:D

SFG75 said:
Sounds like a good read-we'll have to a Kansas-Nebraska book pass or something.:D

I'd love to do that, but unlike you wealthy Nebraska schoolteachers, we Kansas homeschool moms can't afford to incur the wraith of the public library system:D I got this through interlibrary loan and these people get ever so cranky over a late book:rolleyes:

abecedarian said:
In browsing around on amazon, I found another book I will have to looking into: The Celtic Way Of Evangelism:How Christianity Can Win the West..Again by George G. Hunter.
Hunter's book is one of my favorites on the subject. It is a great blend of the history, practice, and theology of the Celts. The application for today is also pretty strong. Enjoy it.

curiouswonder said:
Hunter's book is one of my favorites on the subject. It is a great blend of the history, practice, and theology of the Celts. The application for today is also pretty strong. Enjoy it.

While doing a search in the online card catalog, I found several other Hunter titles that might be of interest:

Leading & managing a growing church / George G. Hunter III. Hunter, George G. c2000. Abingdon Press,
Church for the unchurched / George G. Hunter III. Hunter, George G. c1996. Abingdon Press,
How to reach secular people / George G. Hunter III. Hunter, George G. c1992. Abingdon Press,
Church growth : strategies that work / Donald McGavran & George G. Hunter III. McGavran, Donald Anderson, 1897- c1980. Abingdon, Locations:
The contagious congregation : frontiers in evangelism and church growth / George G. Hunter, III. Hunter, George G. c1979. Abingdon,
Rethinking evangelism. Edited by George G. Hunter III. Hunter, George G. [1971] Tidings

I went ahead and ordered The Celtic Way of Evangelism..just when I think there's nothing else to read...

Back