• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The new weird

I'm not sure if you are joking or not :D

I'll take it you are not. So, in that case, the anwser would be no! At least, I don't think so. I would consider chick lit something like the lovely bones. I did like that novel though. YUK, I hate labels :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

I should have guessed :)

Thinking about it, I might get Onax and Crake. They had it at the book store, I was looking and am not sure. They also had the blind asassin, BIG book.

Regards
SillyWabbit

Oryx and Crake, you mean?

Yeah, I just ordered that one, together with Cosmicomics by Italo Calvino. They should be here after the weekend! Whoopie!

Cheers, Martin :cool:

Yeah, I mean that lol

BTW, just curious, where do you order your books from Martin?

Regards
SillyWabbit

Well, I can't use Amazon, because you need a creditcard, which I don't have :(, but I can use Bol.com (know it?) which is (I think) the European equivalent of Amazon.

Yeah, I know BOL :)

Online book ordering has really changed the way I buy books. I still browse book stores. I go in, look around, see a book(s) I like and buy. But where I used to go out on pure book hunting shopping spree, I don't now.

It's so good I can read a book review or get recommended something on here and go to amazon and buy it. No hunting around and no chance that they won't ever have the book. Even the biggest book store won't have every book you are looking for!

Regards
SillyWabbit

The Internet is a good place to visit every now and again, yes. It changed my life, for sure.

I can't even imagine how things will be, say, 20 years from now.

Yes, it changed my life for sure too. Because of the internet I am a totally different person to what I was six years ago.

I could not imagine not having my net! It's amazing. Take us all, from all over the world we come to talk about books ( somtimes :D ).

Regards
SillyWabbit

Yeah. Sometimes it just hits me - Oh my god, I'm having a conversation with someone on the other side of the bloody globe, man!!

It's a good time to live.

You are right :)

It's such an amazing thing that brings us all together from all over the world to talk about books and stuff we like. It IS strange when you actually think about it. Me here sitting typing, you in Holland and we have people from the philippines( as you say, the other side of the world ) posting here too. It's a wonder, it really is.

Regards
SillyWabbit

We're all in a cult.

You're in the cult of you - I'm in the cult of me.

I'm my God.

Back