• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The new weird

Is it just me or has Phil had an attitude problem lately?

Either that or he didn't get any on his camping trip. :eek:

Or maybe one was caused by the other?

It's kinda like a crossover isn't it? You might even call it the new wierd.

How's that for staying on topic Phil? ;)

RaVeN

I agree with you martins. I can't live without internet. Now I can talk to everybody who likes book compared some people I know they don't interesting in books something I can share. Thank god for Bill Gates who creates Microsoft.

Agreed.

All the bullshit about Windows sucking and Bill Gates being the devil - shut the feck up, this guy worked miracles in the computing business, without him and his company we wouldn't be talking to eachother!

There!

Cheers, Martin :cool:

Thats not really true!

Bill Gates stole the software for DOS. He did not invent the GUI for windows he stole the idea from Apple and made a worse but cheaper version that ran on all platforms in place of just Apple OS for macs. He for sure didnt invent the net! Bill Gates is not a very nice person, not by a LONG way. He IS a very very very very clever man and I admire him for that but he is also a bastard!

Regards
SillyWabbit

Didn't he donate like half of all his money (which is quite a considerable sum) to charity?

C'mon, give the guy some credit!

And no, he didn't invent the net, but he did make computers understandable and workable for average users like myself.

Of course Windows isn't flawless, but look at what you can do with a computer! Tons of stuff, and Windows has to manage that all. Not doing a bad job, I reckon.

Yeah, i see what you are saying. Im not one of this rabid windows haters! I don't like Bill Gates he IS a total bastard but it's silly to say windows is rubbish just because of Bill Gates. I really don't think you can argue that he invented the GUI. As I said, Apple invented that and did it better. Then there is the Amiga OS which was and is in some ways better and of coarse the is Linux which has a GUI and million other lessons OS's. If he had not done it then somebody else would have.

Regards
SillyWabbit

No, it makes it a reason to admire him. Screwing people, stealing, unethical power mongering and monopolistic practices do.

Regards
SillyWabbit

Just for fun, type the following into google:

"bill gates" donates

Copy and paste that, and see how many different links come up, telling how he donated $25m (million, that is) to this, and $50m to that, etc ..

I'll make it easy, look here.

Come on!

So what? Even the mafia and Hitler did good works and gave money to good works. I means nothing especially if you are the richest man in the world and also because its a tax dodge.

Regards
SillyWabbit

Are you comparing him to Hitler.

The man made computers accessible - whether he stole that or not, I don't know, but I doubt it (wouldn't there be a lawsuit or copyright issues or something?), and he donates tons of money to all kinds of charities!

This is not a bad man!

OK

A) he stole DOS, he screwed the programer who is a poor man
B) he copied ( stole ) mac OS and ported it to windows unstable form
C) In hotmail there is a clause the reads "All works belong to Microsoft" So if you send a poem or novel its not yours, its microsoft.
D) XP sends back Data to Microsoft
E) He is a champion of DRM tech which means that soon you will not be able to copy music AT ALL unless its at the so so of Microsoft.
F) When Netscape has 90 percent of the browser market, because he is a Billionaire and richest man in the world he copied ( stole ) everything from Netscape and made his own version ( outlook ) which, again, was worse. Netscape had bills to pay so they could not keep up. Now they own about 5 percent of the market and a lot of people lost their jobs
G) Same deal with Sun
H) He owns the QEM market, this means that if they try to put Linux or any other OS on their machine then he will boycott them. This means they are slaves to microsoft

That's just a few that spring to mind, there are others. Like I said, he is not a very nice man. CLEVER and I admire him for that, but not very nice at all. And its bullshit to say without him we would not be here coz somebody else would have done it, and better. Microsoft does not inovate, they copy.

Regards
SillyWabbit

Then where are the lawsuits?

Don't get me wrong, it looks like you know a lot more about this than I do, but I just thought people would sue if something like this happened.

The new thing is that he doesn't want anybody running non-Microsoft approved software on Windows running PCs. So that's what you have to look forward to in the next version of Windows. Never mind that that's completely illegal. And as for law-suits, have you been living under a rock?

He's not a nice man at all. He's an incredibly rich man. If he feels someone is a threat to them he buys them out and screws them over. I'm not saying he's not clever, but nor is he a genius. He had some good ideas, but he stole a lot too.

And as for his donations, if I was earning $300 a second I think I might be feeling quite generous too.

Back