• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The party may now begin

kasuta

Hello hello! I am brand spankin' new to this forum, and just want to introduce myself.

I am a 30 year old named Mike who lives in Arizona. I love to read, however I do not have a lot of acquaintances who share that interest. One guy at work reads but every time I talk to him about a book it's something he read 'a long time ago' and can't remember. Sometimes he remembers just enough to fire off a major spoiler on something I'm reading. Another friend at work, I tried to get him interested in reading, so I loaned him 'Foundation' which I find to be a small, easy to read yet engaging book and a great conversation starter. After a year went by, I discovered that he was less than 1/4 of the way through the book, and it was sitting on the tank of his toilet. He claims he 'doesn't spend enough time in there' to read a whole book. Disgusting.

So here I am, just started the Wheel of Time series and was curious for info, so I typed in 'book forums' into yahoo and this is what I found! I love what I've seen so far in here. I read history, sci-fi, fantasy, general fiction, biographies, basically anything to keep my brain moving. Thanks for reading, talk to you soon.

Wabbit, the cat hasnt been seen around for weeks - i think Bobby might have eaten it!! :eek:

Phil

Hi Mike! Love the avatar (Bostons are too cute).

I ran into the same thing when trying to talk books with people...thus inciting me to look for book forums, as well. This one is great fun, I'm sure you'll love it here!

Cheers!

Phil_t said:
Wabbit, the cat hasnt been seen around for weeks - i think Bobby might have eaten it!!

Phil

OMG!!! :eek:

He did say something about working for a chinese restaurant!

KITTY!!!!

*Sniff*

Regards
SillyWabbit

Cats and a Chinese restaurant....my friend's cat was actually rescued from the dumpster behind a Chinese restaurant. We figured it had probably already used seven or eight of its lives by the time it was found...

Howdy and Welcome! If you use the search, you can find a few old threads about the Wheel of Time, feel free to revive the discussion.

Hi & welcome Mike,
Hope you can get used to us.

What I want to know is did you ask for Foundation to be returned after it sat on the back of his toilet for a year or did you let him keep it? :D

RaVeN

I actually let him keep the book. For all I know it's still there. Maybe he'll tell me about seven or eight years down the line that he finished it and he's ready for the next one.

I have been checking out those Wheel of Time threads so I know sort of what to expect later in the series. I also got an email response from an old friend who used to work in a bookstore:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......Don't do it!!!!!!!! YOu'll become a Jordan Zombie hounding the bookseller for when the slacker will put out the new book and then bitchin when the book sucks. Run and save yourself while there's still time.!!!!!!"

So I've got that goin' for me, which is nice. I have decided however to check out the Fire & Ice series since it seems to continually pop up in discussion threads.

Nope, but they have Mike Tyson! Does that count?

Anyway, kasuta, welcome to the Boards, I'm sure you'll fit right in!

What does kasuta mean, by the way?

Cheers, Martin :cool:

VTChEwbecca said:
Of course we do. Do you have Bostons in Scotland?

I've never heard of a Boston Terrier until now. It's the angle of the dog's head that made me think it was a Pit Bull or a Jack Russel. Seeing that picture makes me think of a boxer. Do we call them Boxers and you call them Boston's, maybe? I did a quick search and found a few sites that had bostons and boxers. They look slightly different, I think. :confused:

Back