• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The seiries/Book your reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
erk,i keep fogetting the english grammar rules

whats the point of remembering them?EVERY single rule in the english language is broken at least once,including this one,which means that ONE rule isnt broken...

honestly,english is the most complicated language to learn how to write,other languages just make up some rules,and stick to them,but us posh snobs have to make pointless,complicated rules and then break them

have any of you heard the saying 'an englishmans real ambition is to get a train compartment to himself' or the rhyme 'an englishwoman is so refined,she has no bosom and no behind'

point taken

ok,second hardest language to learn how to write

although at least japanese folows its grammar rules!

English grammar difficult? Really? Non-gendered nouns, only two cases for the most part (Finnish has 15), only two tenses, one of the simplest verb structures of any language ever (I eat, you eat, he eats, we eat, you eat, they eat - compare that to any romanic language), ditto for adjectives...? I'd say when it comes to grammar, it's one of the easiest languages there is.

Though your spelling rules are pretty messed up, that's true. That's why Bill Gates invented the spell check.

yeah well at least other languages stick to thier rules

and theres three tenses actually,future,present and past

There's a future tense, yes, but English doesn't actually have a separate grammatical tense for verbs to indicate future tense (like Spanish does, for instance); it's all done by adding another verb (most commonly "will"). A pretty simple way of doing it. I painted my house - I paint my house - I will paint my house.

And as far as I can tell English sticks to its grammatical rules as much as any other language. Well, unless you count everyone who can't speak or write properly, but that's a bit like using car accidents to prove that cars can't actually transport people from A to B.

Started on this early this morning, 2 in the morning actually. :eek: :)
:
aimg389.imageshack.us_img389_6526_largesnazal1vv0.jpg

Here's a a site it's a foreign one sorry, but the interview IS in English thank God scroll down a little bit.! Paul Sussman is a Brit though.!

Paul Sussman

See this site on something on PS, Paul Sussman

It's his first book above picture, his second (which I have) picture below,
one of his is this..

:
aimgcash6.imageshack.us_img207_3785_thelastsecretofthetemplln7.jpg

His third ones coming (The Hidden Oasis) in either in July or August.

Right now I am reading The Return Of Tarzan at work. It starts off with him smoking a cigarette which I was surprised to see.

I am currently reading The Pellinor series for about the fourth time,just because its such wonderfuly written.And I'm also reading The Chanters of Teramaris trilogy which starts with The Singer of All Songs.

Just Started on a spot of rereading...
:
dissolutionxt4.jpg

I've read the first Sano Ichiro book and really enjoyed it, but I don't have the second one yet. I've got some of the later ones but I don't know how important it is to read this lot in order.

i started the belgariad two days ago,its really good,im on chapter 16 of magicians gambit(i read fast..)

btw thima,do you have msn?

I'm currently reading Frankenstein, but that should only get me through the day...haven't the foggiest about what tomorrow may bring...Has anyone here read "Paradise Lost"? I'm considering it eventually, but is it any good?

I'm currently reading Frankenstein, but that should only get me through the day...haven't the foggiest about what tomorrow may bring...Has anyone here read "Paradise Lost"? I'm considering it eventually, but is it any good?

It's good but certainly not what I would call leisure reading.

Hm thanks. It's just referenced so oftenly in Frankenstein, and I've heard from a friend it may be worth while to check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back