• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Shanghai Union of Industrial Mystics

chiangmaifalcon

This is another really funny feng Shui detective novel but unlike others it is extremely gruesome. It involves animal lover terrorists and I think animal lovers will like this book. Still although it is as I said very funny I prefer his other books which are funny but not as gory.

You regularly mention the coolest sounding books. I have a reading list the length of my arm but must bump some of your recommends up that list promptly.

Read any Poirot lately? See, I also need to make some time for Agatha Christie again...

It is very strange you ask as I have in my pocket right now the Poirot book There is a Tide. I am also reading one called The Mystery of the Blue Train. I see in your logo section that you are reading book by Dan Simmons. Did you ever read any of his private eye novels about detective named Kurtz from Buffalo,NY? I believe there are 3 of them. hardcase is one and I cannot remember names of others but I think very good. I also read some short stories he wrote a long time ago and one was about vampires in Thailand with AIDS. It was strange but very interesting.

I very rarely read the novel related with the fiction. but as you are telling me that it is very nice and very interesting to read so i things i should check the novel review for a while.

It is very strange you ask as I have in my pocket right now the Poirot book There is a Tide. I am also reading one called The Mystery of the Blue Train. I see in your logo section that you are reading book by Dan Simmons. Did you ever read any of his private eye novels about detective named Kurtz from Buffalo,NY? I believe there are 3 of them. hardcase is one and I cannot remember names of others but I think very good. I also read some short stories he wrote a long time ago and one was about vampires in Thailand with AIDS. It was strange but very interesting.

I like the Mystery of the Blue Train. I think it's kind of amusing that just two books later Poirot is again on a train, only then it's the famous Orient Express (and probably the reason that the Blue Train isn't as well known... also I guess as the train is only a feature compared to the setting of Orient Express).

I haven't read the other Simmons books you mention, but I am familiar with them (Hardcase, Hard as Nails etc.). Simmons is a great author - the book I am reading at the moment (horror) is really, really good. He does his research and nails down to writing like a beast possessed, and it shows.

I never read Orient Express but idiot friend of mine told me ending so now I will not bother. I really like trains and books about trains. There is mystery from Dick Francis called Edge of Danger which is murder mystery on train in Canada. Very good mystery.

Back