• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Simpsons

Motokid

Hard to believe this forum for TV shows does not have a Simpsons thread. I am a huge huge fan.

Who's your favorite character that is not Bart, Lisa, Maggie, Homer, or Marge?

Who's your favorite guest star that's appeared on the show?

If you've never liked the show I'd love to know why?

My favorite non-Simpson is Apu. Love the voice, the accent, and the fact that he never sleeps. Nelson is always very entertaining. I liked the show when Lisa and Nelson "dated" for a while.

Favorite guest star was Michael Jackson. The fact that he was a white male really has a great amount of irony doesn't it?

I can't name a favorite episode cause there are so many that are really brilliant.

I wish you hadn't changed your avatar, Moto. Are you going to change it back? :(

I think the writing on the Simpsons' is really clever, deep social commentary of the best kind. Not kidding.

I love the Simpsons, still do, but I think it jumped the shark some years ago. It's just not that funny any longer! Matt is only writing the show now because they threw a ton of cash at him! Simpsons is one of the greatest TV shows. Ever :)

I do think it should stop now... What does everybody else think of that?

"I wish you hadn't changed your avatar, Moto. Are you going to change it back? "

I don't want to appear as though the only reason I'm here is to promote something, and I figured the Bart avatar might keep people from taking me too seriously...if that doesn't do it then the "Eat My Shorts" signiture should come in handy.....

Maybe I'll change it back someday....maybe when racing season is over... :D

...and on another note

Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me. :D

Wabbit, while I'll agree that the show is now running on a less than a full tank, I'd have to say that a less than brilliant episode of "The Simpsons" is far better than the best some other show's have to offer.

Love the show. Love all the characters. I love that Ned Flanders and Willie are both ripped. It always cracks me up when they pull their shirts off. So random. I have to agree that The Simpsons is one of the few quality shows on TV nowadays.

Moto, now your avatar is promoting the Simpsons! Your doomed to promote something in this life! ;) BTW, I don't think you're avatar was promoting anything but your presence on the board, which is appreciated.

Moto, not happy about the avatar change AT ALL!! :mad: Now I have to imagine you as something other than a happy cartoon motorbike. Oh, and I didn't think it was selfpromotion, really. I mean, it's quite acceptable to have such things in your signature, and it did fit with your name. Besides, after 914 posts one assumes you're here for more than just self promotion!!

If you are concerned about it, what about something else racing related? I just can't see you as a Bart Simpson type, somehow. But then I generally do have a problem with change :D

My favourite non-Simpson character is also Apu; in second place, probably Willie, the school caretaker.

My favourite guest star is Stephen Hawkings

I used to like The Simpsons, but now I really don't like it anymore. Too many reruns and too much of the same thing, I guess.

I used to like The Simpsons, but now I really don't like it anymore. Too many reruns and too much of the same thing, I guess.
agreed...

I have no idea as to what my favourite episode was... there are too many. I do still find this show witty and intelligent and extremely funny... the reruns have kind of ruined the effect though...

I think my favourite guest stars would have to be David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson as Fox Mulder and Dana Scully... Afterall, I was/am a huge X-Files fan.

Favourite character has got to be Ralph Wiggins... he cracks me up every time.

Favourite guest appearance would have to be Michael Jackson also (good call Motokid!) - the "One Flew..." references were hilarious!!!

Lex I agree, Ralph is so cute. Any ep where he plays a key role is great ("I love Lisa", "This Little Wiggy").

I think my favourite ep would have to come from the Season 3 - Season 10 period, outside of that I feel that the show is a bit lacking. I love the episode where they get the pool, great Rear Window knockoff.

I also think it's really funny that although I've never seen Citizen Kane, Matt Groening thinks they've basically got the whole movie in there just by referencing it s many times. How cool is that?

favorite characters...

the 3 nerds from 'homer goes to college'.

nerd 1: "come on, mr simpson, you'll never pass this course if you don't know the periodic table." homer: "ehh, I'll write it on my hand." nerd 1: "including all known lanthanides and actinides? heh, heh... good luck."

Based on what I'm currently reading (The Simpsons and Philosophy: The D'oh of Homer) would anybody like to discuss Homer?

Specifically, what is it about Homer that you can't help but love? He's not bright. He's not smart. He's not sensative, or good looking, or the greatest father. Not a good role model, and not the best son. As a husband he lacks in many ways, and as a member of society he contributes next to nothing. Yet, somehow, at the end of every episode you still can't help but like the guy. Why is that? Can you, in some way explain why this overweight, semi-neanderthal can make you smile, and laugh, and root for him to do the right thing even though you know he probably won't?

For me it's because no matter how much he screws up he means well, he does love his family & when pushed he ultimately does the right thing. Also, I guess it's because we see him making mistakes, he seems more human & therefore we can really associate with him. (Plus I'd love to live in the land of chocolate too;))

"(Plus I'd love to live in the land of chocolate too)"
I forgot about that episode. Man, that was too damn funny.

I also loved the chili-pepper episode where Homer went on an LSD type trip.

My book discusses Homers general, and very real love for his own life. His zest for life, is a zest for his own life. Homer does exactly what pleases Homer without regard, or concern for what others think. And yet, there's just enough occasions where he acts with compassion and love towards his family that you have to like him.

My favourite non-Simpsons character would have to be the comic book shop guy (I have forgotten his name :eek: ) and Professor Frink.

My favourite quote ever would have to be from the episode guest starring Mel Gibson when he is reading the reviews to his latest movie:

Mel: "I loved the movie, even without the appearance of flubber, glavin???"

My favourite episode, however, is the one where the teachers go on strike. The "purple monkey dishwasher" scene cracks me up every time.

There are too many perfect lines to quote just one. My favourite non-Simpson (and maybe even favourite of all) is Krusty the Klown, particularly for his easy way with an endorsement (the Krusty Krowd Kontrol barrier: "Hey hey! Keep back!", the Krusty the Klown Home Pregnancy Test: "May cause birth defects" and of course Kamp Krusty, where Barney stood in for Krusty at a personal appearance for the kids: "Now kids, Krusty has a bad back and laryngitis today, so he won't be saying anything, or doing anything").

I think the problem with recent episodes is a laziness and willingness to fall back on formulas, eg Homer (whose only characteristic now is stupidity) has a brainwave and starts a new business, or the tired fallback of having two unrelated storylines in one episode because they can't think of a full-episode-length storyline. Motokid says the weaker episodes are still better than anything else, and that may be true, but I can't help comparing it with itself, so the weaker ones just seem bad compared to the heights of the show. I'd much rather it - or any show - stopped, rather than falling down in quality just because someone held a gigantic advance over their eyes so they didn't know what they were doing.

Oh and Comic Book Guy doesn't have a name ... as far as I know!

As lies has said, too many repeated episodes has bored me of the Simpsons. I much prefer Family Guy; much funnier.

Back