• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Simpsons

I think Chief Wiggum is great, and he provides one of my favourite lines, delivered in response to some rampaging rhinos: "Can nobody stop the thunder lizards?"

simpsons are dead

Look they have used all there politically correct ideas and they have been left with nothing in my opinion it and futurama are gone but family guy will live on as it does not need to be entirely PC all the time

The Simpsons is the end all, be all of coolest adult cartoon television.

It will go down in history as a true classic, and a ground breaking part of American culture.

My guess is that Family Guy won't last even half the time that the Simpsons has and will probably crash and burn in another season or two. Just a guess though.

And Futurama isn't even on the map.

In 50 years people will still remeber and tlak about The Simpsons, but I'd bet there will not be the same kind of thing happening with Family Guy.

The Simpsons Rules !!!!!!

The Simpsons will be remembered and watched hundreds of years from now. It is definitely a part of American culture. I can see our children's children watching reruns of The Simpsons like we watched reruns of Tom and Jerry, the classics of Disney, and all the other memorable cartoons.

Family Guy I hope makes it as long, but I can see it dive-bombing after a few more seasons. Again, Seth will get too risky, put the show up against other major shows, and it will fall hard. I will still watch reruns of Family Guy over and over though; they are always good for laughs. South Park, too... along the same lines as Family Guy.

How long do you think The Simpsons will run? 20 years? I hope.

"Hey, Lisa... do you like... stuff?" - Ralph Wiggums, on a sympathy date from Lisa

"I once found a moon rock in my nose..."

"My cats breath smells like cat food."

Lisa has always been my favorite. I was the 'smart kid' at school, and rather than enjoy learning and reading books like she did, I preferred to asymilate into the crowd and hide my 'smarts'. I admire her, I guess, for being who she is.

But my favourite episode is the N-synch one where Bart and Co. become a boy band sending subconcious messages to join the Navy. A lot of the earlier episodes were really good too, but I've just seen them far too many times to appreciate them any more.

"How long do you think The Simpsons will run? 20 years? I hope."

That's a hard one. As I said earlier in the thread, a bad Simpson's show is far better than the best many other shows have to offer, but I do think the series is running out of steam. I'd hate to see the show continue just for the sake of continuing...if you know what I mean...

Go out as a Champion...which some might say should have been a few years ago....

Yeah, it is running low on steam, but still it is the only show on television I watch religiously, rerun or not.

Did you hear (I'm sure you have) that a movie is in the works. It just got the go-ahead and the voice-actors are reading the script.

I LOVE the Simpsons!
I also love Family Guy (especially Stewie, who I am going to marry).
Of the not-family Simpsons I love them all, but mostly perhaps Ralph Wiggum ("dying tickles!"), mr. Burns because... I really don't know why, but my ultimate favourite I think must be Barney Gumble, he is so easy to persuade, so extremely naive, so braindead, and so cute!
I don't have any paticular favourite guest star, that must in that case have been The Red Hot Chili Peppers.
(I am watching The Simpsons right now, by the way :D )

Umbrella,

You can have Stewie, I'm going to marry Brian. (may have to find a state where that is legal)

MotoKid,

It is interesting reading through this old thread. I didn't realize you once had TeeZee as your Avatar. I got a completely different first impression of you than the earlier poster. Funny how a little picture beside our names can communicate so much about us!

My favorite non-Simpson character would have to be Gil." (do we ever get a last name for poor Gil?)

I choose Gil because, unfortunately, Grandpa is a Simpson.

I used to be major simpsons fan. I have whole seasons on dvds and videos and even books about simpsons. Now I think it is crap. I do not know who writes it but they are not funny anymore. Now I do not even watch it though it plays here on satellite tv.

Back