• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The word "****" on a t-shirt - freedom of speech?

DontGoAway17 said:
If your in an airport which will no doubt have little children, and wearing a needlessly offensive t-shirt your always taking a risk.

You mean 'Look what's on that ladies shirt, Mummy. It says F......' ?
Loudly.:rolleyes:

Not quite on topic but speaking of the things kids say. I had some very mean teenage cousins when I was a toddler. They used to call me "Snot Rag Pee Pee Girl" when my mother wasn't around. Once in the supermarket this little old woman came up to my mom and me asking, "And what is your name little girl?"

As you can imagine I said, "Snot Rag Pee Pee Girl", just as proud as I could. My mother was horrified.:(

drmjwdvm said:
Not quite on topic but speaking of the things kids say. I had some very mean teenage cousins when I was a toddler. They used to call me "Snot Rag Pee Pee Girl" when my mother wasn't around. Once in the supermarket this little old woman came up to my mom and me asking, "And what is your name little girl?"

As you can imagine I said, "Snot Rag Pee Pee Girl", just as proud as I could. My mother was horrified.:(

Nasty brutes drm. :mad: I'm glad you weren't old enough to understand, could have done you irreparable damage.

T.Fenske1985 said:
The point is a business open to the punlic can not refuse someone for any reason they choose. If they were a private club it would be different. So are you implying the law of the land is that if a particualr business does not want to serve someone because of the color of there skin that is there right??

Apples and oranges comparison here IMHO. Refusal to hire people of certain races, or preferential treatment to one gender over another, is in no way, comparable to a business that refuses to serve everyone who walks in without a shirt on. It's a standard for everyone to follow and hence, is not specifically aimed at any particular group of people with the intention of excluding them from engaging in economic activity in our society.

T.Fenske1985 said:
The point is a business open to the punlic can not refuse someone for any reason they choose. If they were a private club it would be different. So are you implying the law of the land is that if a particualr business does not want to serve someone because of the color of there skin that is there right??

Thats a pretty stupid comparison really, they've refused her because she was wearing an obscene t-shirt, just as they would do if someone entered naked. Colour of a skin is not offensive and cannot be changed, so their actions would be discriminating and racist.

I saw a guy this morning with a shirt that read Don't F_UCK with Me. He looked very creepy; others made faces when he passed by. To me he looked like a biker type with the long hair and tattoos.

AquaBlue LOL, it seems to me I remember hearing a story about Joan Crawford walking into her first board meeting after her husband's death and telling the Board just that! But with a "Boys!" at the end of the sentence. I'd have loved to see that! :D

Back