• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Thomas Harris: The Silence Of The Lambs

mattbish

How great is this, i go to my local book shop browsing for SOTL and get red dragon to. It was a two in one deal and geuss the price........................................£2 thats right 2 POUND.

All paper backs are £2 or sometimes £3 and hardbacks are between £5 - £10 and these are brand new aswell.

Im reading silence of the lambs first just wanted to ask if anyone else has read it and what they think (no spoilers please) Though i have seen the film so thats not a big deal.

Silence of the lambs is probably the best book of the series. If you like them, check out Hannibal and Hannibal Rising.

You should probably read Red Dragon first, since it's first chronology-wise. The Silence of the Lambs is my fave of the series, too.

If I were you I would skip Hannibal Rising and Hannibal. Stick with Red Dragon and Silence. The others were a bit.... I don't know... I can't think of a good word to descibe them.... over done maybe. Pretentious? Or maybe just sucked. Yeah, that'll work, sucked.

Sorry don't mean to offend anyone, that's just MHO.

I finished Hammibal Rising about a month ago. I thought it was good. I'll eat up anything that gives me more insight into Hannibal Lecture (pun intended).

I think the only one I actually enjoyed was SOTL. The other three I just could not like, for some reason. Hannibal I know I didn't like because the ending was not feasible. It wouldn't have happened that way, IMO. And Hannibal Rising I just didn't like, at all.

Back