• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Thr3e by Ted Dekker

AlphaOmegaX

It's a great book and can actually be found in most Christian sections of any bookstore. Your thrown off by now if your Atheist or a follower of another religion but I assure you it isn't a religious book. It just contains some religious references. I would recommend it to anyone who likes to be tossed and thrown around in a story many many times.

~Josh

literati_one said:
I read that...
Full of twists and turns, and keeps you guessing 'til the end, which is quite shocking...
Quite. Wouldn't you recommend it to other people looking for a shocker???

~Josh

I read Obsessed by Dekker and enjoyed it. I had considered trying some others by him. I gues I'll put Thr3e on my list :)

If you are a psychology major, or know a lot about the world of mental disorders, the book will be a big disappointment. I read it and thought it was quite shocking, and enjoyed the book as a whole. But in the real world, the ending couldn't really happen. (But then again, that's why they call it fiction, right? ;) )

I thought the book was okay. Dekker needs to learn how to write dialogue that sounds at least semi-realistic. Here's a taste of how his characters speak:

"I'm not bothered by anything but your insistence that I'm bothered" (it would actually be okay had anyone older than twelve said this).

"Listen, you sick scab . . . you're only proving one thing. You're toilet water. You're a punk without the guts to face your adversary. Come on, baby! Come and get me!"

Also, instead of "God no" characters say "Gosh" or "Heavens no". Said characters are in their late twenties and/or mid-thirties.

On the plus side I was intrigued by the mystery. Dekker may not know how to write dialogue very well, but at least he can create a decent suspense/mystery story.

Back