• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

tom cruise

jenn

i'm not a fan. as a rule i am pretty ambivilent about him. i will go see his movies but i find him really *blech* in interviews. lately though he is everywhere saying something or doing something moronic. i tried to watch him on oprah when the interview was re-aired and i just could not do it. i kept cringing. is he having this effect on anyone else?

i agree with you- i enjoy some of his movies. gotta give him credit for being a decent actor. that aside, i can't stand him. he's so pompous and pretentious.

i hate the fact that even though i don't watch any of those celebrity news programs, or read any of those hollywood star rags, i still can't avoid being exposed to all the "what's going on in this star's life" crap. it's impossible to avoid being bombarded with britney spears, tom cruise and whoever else's antics have popped them into the spotlight this month.

oh, and yeah, the TomKat thing makes me puke. worse than either Benniffer incident. i hate that there are WORDS created specifically for these people.

i just want to scream at Katie "he's SUCH A FUKIN DORK!!!!!!!!!"

Saw him on Letterman once where he told the story about how they had let the oxygen or something like it go out of the passenger part of a plane so the passenger had passed out and just thought that he had fallen asleep during the flight. When Cruise told this story it kept being interrupted because of his fits of underlying laughter and was in a similar state during the rest of the interview and he didn't take himself very serious but I guess some might consider that dorky.

I can understand that he's no fun to watch when he's on Oprah.

The only good news about him in recent days was the undercover comedian that squirted him with water from a fake microphone at the premier of whatever movie he was attending.

Stewart said:
The only good news about him in recent days was the undercover comedian that squirted him with water from a fake microphone at the premier of whatever movie he was attending.
I saw that. He was really mad, which I found incredibly funny of course.

Jenem said:
i agree with you- i enjoy some of his movies. gotta give him credit for being a decent actor. that aside, i can't stand him. he's so pompous and pretentious.

i hate the fact that even though i don't watch any of those celebrity news programs, or read any of those hollywood star rags, i still can't avoid being exposed to all the "what's going on in this star's life" crap. it's impossible to avoid being bombarded with britney spears, tom cruise and whoever else's antics have popped them into the spotlight this month.
My sentiments exactly. I will add "irresponsible" to the list of descriptors for Tom ol' boy.

Now, even CNN Headline News does a whole celebrity news segment for an hour or so when I come home from work, so I can't even catch up on the headlines. I wish they'd cut that show and that bitch Nancy Grace's show. Nancy Grace is the female O'Reilly. "This is my hour to tell people they're wrong, and I'm right."

Anyway, back to Cruise, what an idiot! "You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do . . ." To which, I, RitalinKid, will add, ". . . because L. Ron Hubbard told me I do. I'm a complete mental case or at least I'm brainwashed to act like one. Scientology is great. Everything else in the world is a misconception." To clarify once again so that I won't be sued, I added the last part; Tom did not say that. It is intended to reflect the opinion of the author.

Let's also not forget the victims here: Katie "America's Sweetheart" Holmes and all those patients with serious mental problems that are going to refuse to take their meds now.

I only like Cruise about half the time (in movies) and not at all in interviews. He seems just a tad creepy in interviews. It's one of those things that you get a sense of but can't quite put your finger on. Well I've put my finger on it.

I love Cruise!!!

I really do. Once. I thought he was really good in Top Gun, and my favourite movie by him, A Few Good Men. It was a flick which I thought he really showed he could act (just a little bit, but when you act with someone as accomplished like Nicholson, you'll probably step up your game unconsciously). "You can't handle the truth!"

I'll say a couple of things:
1. Nicole Kidman is such a babe. Why, Tom, why???
2. I don't like the way he works in front of computers when he acts. If you notice every film in which his character uses the computer (i.e. Jerry McGuire, Mission Impossible), he acts the same way. Just a silly observation.

ds

It disturbs me that I can't go to yahoo or cnn without seeing some new update about Cruise and Holmes in the main headlines. How is this news?

I think the movie in which he played his true self is Magnolia, when he's the woman-hating fanatic with absent-father issues.

Oh yeah, I remembered that one. He was pretty okay there too, except I thought everyone from Julianne Moore to the actress who played the reporter interviewing his character did better than him.

Do you think he's a woman hating fanatic?

ds

When the pictures of him stepping out with Kate Holmes were first published, one of my more flamboyantly artistic friends noted “He’s got himself a new beard I see”; which is a strange thing to say as he always looks clean shaven and well presented to me...

Honestly, I think he's a manipulative egotist who likes a woman to be a compliant accessory. I think he's a sociopath who is completely out of his mind and views himself as the center of the universe.

novella said:
Honestly, I think he's a manipulative egotist who likes a woman to be a compliant accessory. I think he's a sociopath who is completely out of his mind and views himself as the center of the universe.
But more worryingly perhaps, a notorious and highly successful litigator...

there is a creepy element to him. he always puts me in mind of the guys who would come to my family's restaurant in the morning for tea and toast. they always held your arm or your hand just a little too hard, just a little too long.

novella said:
That's just Tom Cruise. You don't want to know what she thinks of BTK!

Back