• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Top 3 Films of 2006

eyez0nme

If you were to choose, what would they be?

Here's mine:

1. The Fountain
2. The Descent
3. Pan's Labryinth

-The Illusionist. It's gorgeous to look at, and aside from a lack of any explanation as to how Edward Norton's character acquired his abilities, the story was quite good as well.

-Running With Scissors. Annette Bening and Brian Cox deliver Oscar-worthy performances in this film. Not to say the rest of the cast was awful (far from it) but they weren't up to the levels of Bening and Cox.

-Clerks II. The 1994 original is the better film, but this sequel isn't totally awful (misguided song/dance number aside). Kevin Smith was, for the most part, able to end the story of some of his most popular characters in a satisfactory fashion.

Now it's time to get a little girly!!!!!!:p :p

I'd have to say........

3. Failure to Launch (except for Terry Bradshaw's naked butt)

2. Family Stone (Yes I love Sara Jessica Parker)

1. We are Marshall ( It wasn't girly, but it was AWESOME!!!!!!!)

Anyway there they are....enjoy!:) :) :) :) :) :)

I liked Lady in the Water and The Fountain a lot. I cant decide on a third. I havent seen The Prestige or Pan's Labyrinth yet and I have big expectations for both.

Although I've seen neither Pan's Labyrinth nor The Departed, I can't imagine liking anything more than Children of Men.

Is this movies that came out, or movies that you saw in 2006?

There are some good movies that I have not had the time to watch yet, so I may hold off posting

Little Miss Sunshine is all that comes to mind at the moment. Hilarious and true to life, I felt.

I guess:
Thank You For Smoking
A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints
Children of Men

But there were a lot of good movies last year.

1. Apocalypto (this one kind of crosses in 2007 too, but I saw it in 2006...so it still counts. Ha)
2. The Fountain
3. The Departed
(I will add that I bet Children of Men would make it on my list except that I haven't gotten to see it yet)

Is this movies that came out, or movies that you saw in 2006?

We're mentioning movies that came out in 2006. If you really wanted to, however, you could also make another list containing other movies you saw that year.

For me it was Little Miss Sunshine, The Lake House and The Queen. Didn't really like The Departed.

PS I just checked and I have been a member of BAR for a year; today's my first year anniversary being here. Thanks for letting me join the ride :)

I just saw The Queen last week. I was surprised it was still showing. I didn't like it too much. It was a good movie, but not what I expected.

Mine are for sure
1. Blood Diamond
2. Thank You For Smoking
3. Little Miss Sunshine and/ or Borat

I also really liked The Departed, but for me it was probably Scorsese's 3rd best gangster movie, so it's out of my top 3.

Just saw Pan's Labyrinth; loved it.

So in no particular order:
Pan's Labyrinth
The Fountain
Lady in the Water

Oh, pants!... I forgot about United 93! Even though it was completely disturbing, it was by far the best of last year, IMO.

So my revised list goes like this:
1. United 93
2. Blood Diamond
3. Thank You for Smoking

with Little Miss Sunshine and Borat taking honorable mention.

Lot of good movies last year!

Alright, here's my final list, in order, after finally getting to see Pan's Labyrinth:

Children of Men
Pan's Labyrinth
The Departed

Haven't seen Pan's Labrynth yet or The Departed. I will watch The Departed tonight.

1. The Descent
2. Little Miss Sunshine
3. Hard Candy

Back