• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Top 5 Bands

Billy Oblivion said:
bobbyburns: Anything by Bowie later than Lodger just isn't up to snuff.
low is as far as I've gone. that's a limit I will not cross. however, the plastic soul era was packed full of great songs, just not enough good albums.

My favorite groups are:
U2
Coldplay
Linkin Park
Fleetwood Mac

Soloists:
Sting
Enya
Yo-Yo Ma
Stevie Nicks

Hmm...

1) Slint
2) Tortoise
3) June of '44
4) Thin Lizzy
5) Shellac

I'm a very late-comer to Thin Lizzy and still haven't heared much of their stuff, but I love Whiskey in the Jar enough to put them in my Top 5! I used to be a pretty big fan of Tool, Yes, Talk Talk, Pink Floyd, Sonic Youth, The Smiths, and others... but I just sort of lost interest unfortunately. I'm pretty crazy about Classical Music at the moment, so I'm not listening to much other than Liszt, Chopin, Gershwin or Tortoise (they [Tortoise] aren't Classical, but I am listening to them).

Billy Oblivion said:
1. Mott the Hoople/Ian Hunter.
2. David Bowie (but only the early stuff).
2. Lou Reed/Velvet Underground/John Cale.
4. Leonard Cohen.
5. Billy Oblivion & The Legendary DNA Cowboys.

Stop listening to all that rubbish you bloody students. I've already told you what to listen to (see above). Now get to it!

cajunmama said:
Yowza! Yo-yo Ma? Cool...! :)

I like:
U2
RHCP (wooo!)
Aerosmith
Bon Jovi
Coldplay

Soloists:
Alanis Morissette
Sarah McLachlan
John Mayer
Sheryl Crow
Beck
Jacky Cheung/Faye Wong
Michael Jackson (no, no, just kidding)

All listed above are subject to change by, say, next 5 years.

ds

Band
1. The Doors
2. Massive Attack
3. Linkin Park
4. Marilyn Manson (band?)
5. Depeche Mode

Solo
1. Enya
2. Tim Christensen
3. George Michael
4. Norah Jones
5. Dido

Probably going to change tommorow :D

Oh alright Billy O, I own up. I listen to Dire Straits (thanks to Raven's recommendations) and Frank Sinatra and Bob Dylan also.

ds

"Someday, when I'm awfully low, and the world is cold, I will feel aglow just thinking of you... and the way you look tonight..."

ds

Billy Oblivion said:
Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm the only non-student on this board. Come back Irene!

Yah, I can tell your the only non student cause your taste in music isn't anything any student I know listens to! lol.....

Drizzt Do'Urden said:
Yah, I can tell your the only non student cause your taste in music isn't anything any student I know listens to! lol.....

You're.

Anyway I'm reading the times, having a fag, listening to Mott The Hoople and I've just had a lovely chat to Ms Wilde who regrets her absence but remains determined never to return unless Warm Enema also returns (has anyone else noticed that Oobie Doobie doesn't seem to be missed as much?).

What you just said makes me think your english? Am i correct? And are you saying you haven't ever made a typo....I'm gonna be following your every post now to catch you! o_O

Hmmm... At the top of my post it says "Location: Notting Hill, London". Of course it could be the Notting Hill, London in Latvia or the one in Newfoundland....
Are you a student or an accountant by any chance?

And as for tpyos I never make thme. I am practically prefect.

Back