• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Top 5 Bands

Jenem said:
so you must be a grouchy old man?

No. I'm a man in my prime. On my next birthday I'll be 25 years old (and 252 months).

I've just been explaining the lentils thing to Irene Wilde. Here's what I wrote:

"The lentil thing is maily vegetarians (students make up about 90% of veggies in the UK).
I eat lentils in Houmous or in Falafels but I don't add them to soups (which is a cost effective thing that students do so they have more money to spend on alcohol, therefore they get to stay in the bar longer in order to share the wisdom of the ages with less fortunate humanoids)."

I forgot to mention Neil from The Young Ones which rather sums it all up.

LMAO you're a grouchy old man in a 25 year old body!
i'm 29. yes, 29 in a 19 year old body - ok. i'll take that!
my only problem with your posts are that they're dripping with condescension.

Billy Oblivion said:
No. I'm a man in my prime. On my next birthday I'll be 25 years old (and 252 months).

i thought men in their prime were supposed to be in their 40's or 50's

Ice said:
I thought it was 18 ;)

well, here's it's 17 - but i was taking into consideration college or university. god, i hope my band-indicated maturity level at least gives me that much!!!

1. Medeski, Martin, & Wood
2. Phish
3. Rage Against the Machine
4. Bob Marley & the Wailers
5. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

I could name bands I love all day long, but I've gotta limit it to five. I don't really have a vocal soloist list. I'm not that into words. I'm all about improvisation and what the artist can make me feel. Isn't that what art is about? An artist has to know his instrument intimately and be able to convey emotion to the audience.

Drizzt Do'Urden said:
I've heard of Rage Against the Machine......A bit too hard for me ;)
I like them, they're a pretty sensible band. Too hard for you, dude? I thought you were the hardest guy in town! (I can sense this might go somewhere unsavoury)

Billy Oblivion said:
Can't you morons figure out 25 years and 252 months? It's a mathematical test for god's sake!!

i can't be bothered to check posts for mathematical accuracy. i got enough things to do.

agree, Nosferatu - Rage Against the Machine is awesome. they're great for adrenaline at the gym

Hehe, I can imagine it, Jenem! They're pretty good for adrenaline in my bedroom aswell! (oh no... not again?!)

I think you can fit 252 months into 21 years - unless my brain has completely abandoned me! So by my reckoning, Billy Oblivion should be 46 years old exactly. Unless he got his months wrong... I want weeks aswell! And days! And hours for godsake, man! I want your precise age! Grrr... Infact, you'll be 45 if you're gonna be 25 years and 252 months on your next birthday. Hmm... that was exciting.

LOL

as for BO's age, because the months were written in parenthese, it didn't occur to me to even check. had it been typed "On my next birthday I'll be 25 years old and 252 months" then i would have thought to do the math. as it was, i just figured the months were referring to the years. the word "and" didn't register to me.

i should get points for picking out the fact that a man in his prime is in his 40's or 50's.

Hehe, there you go Jenem, have 50 points.

Yeah, I thought the same as you at first, but when I'd psyched myself up to do the maths and figured out what it was, I sort of realised he meant what I eventually thought he meant! Wow, I said that badly.

Anyway, yeah... welcome back, Jenem (I've just been lurking over there where Sir Wabbit was sending you his welcomes!). I didn't actually realise you'd been missing, but I have been away myself recently, so I don't know who's here, who's gone, and who's birthdays I've missed! So please, please, please forgive me.

Just out of interest (everyone else can join back in now!), on my next birthday I'll be (almost) 6940 days old. First person to figure it out gets 100 points! Second person gets zero, unfortunately. Any cheaters get a Fart in a Jar from me for Christmas. Good Luck!

Nosferatu Man said:
Just out of interest (everyone else can join back in now!), on my next birthday I'll be (almost) 6940 days old. First person to figure it out gets 100 points! Second person gets zero, unfortunately. Any cheaters get a Fart in a Jar from me for Christmas. Good Luck!
That would be 19... didn't sleep all the time during math...
My next birthday I'll be 725.846.400 seconds old... (damn I'm bored)

Nosferatu Man said:
Hehe, there you go Jenem, have 50 points.

Anyway, yeah... welcome back, Jenem (I've just been lurking over there where Sir Wabbit was sending you his welcomes!).

thanks and thanks ;)

19! i have never met a 19 year old who knew who Nosferatu was!

Back