• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Top 5 horror writers

Halo said:
I look forward to seeing your opinion on "We" - I've been considering buying this book for a while.

As far as I'm concerned at the moment, it's a mediocre read. I'm halfway through and I can't say I've fully engaged with the text. But I'm in for the long haul (well, at 225 pages it's hardly long) and I'll have a chin-stroke moment when I finish to see what I thought overall.

I am glad to see Bentley Little on the list. He scares the crap out of me far more than King or Koontz. I will never live in a neighborhood with an HOA because of him. LOL In fact in one of the more recent Entertainment Weekly's Stephen King himself wrote that Bentley Little was one of the best "unknown" horror writers out there.

What about Christopher Rice? Any thoughts on him? His writing terrifies me more than his mother's ever did. Or John Saul? (maybe I missed his name being mentioned).

Cody Craig said:
How about James Herbert? I've read a couple of his books so far and find him pretty entertaining.

Yeah, Herbert has some good novels. I've read at least four that I can think of off the top of my head, and I have a few others I'm going to get to one of these days. My favorite was The Dark.

Back