• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tricky Tips For Trying Ticks

teadude

kickbox
Hey, I know it's a wierd name and everything. What its trying to say is; 'Here are some great tips for people trying to be an author'. So here are a few helpful tips!

Tricky Tip 1: Always when writing check for spelling mistakes a lot, if on the computer then use Word SpellCheck or something.

Tricky Tip 2: Make the storyline exciting and impossible to work out, with cliffhangers to make the reader carry on reading. Try and make the story unique.

Tricky Tip 3: Never use text/internet language when writing a story, I know its hard when your on MSN all the time!

Tricky Tip 4: Use lots of creative verbs and adjectives, please don't bore your reader with sentances like; 'The boy walked', instead use; 'The strange looking boy happily strolled along'.

Tricky Tip 5: Try as hard as you can to put commas, full stops, apostrophe's, ect. Other wise it might look like this; 'Hello James How, Are, Yo'u. We do have, sunny days dont we,'.

Hope this helped, there may be some more tips placing themself into this forum and sucking out the breath of the reader who finds the tips amazing :)

I agree with this being an improper forum. The advice is good, but I find that it applies to internet writing. These are errors usually done by the non-readers (those that type something up and immediately post without checking). Trust me, even with a 'book house' like PublishAmerica you won't make it if you do any of these things (except #4, I do see some of that).

teadude said:
Tricky Tip 1: Always when writing check for spelling mistakes a lot, if on the computer then use Word SpellCheck or something.

Just so you know, your post is riddled with such errors.

Tricky Tip 4: Use lots of creative verbs and adjectives, please don't bore your reader with sentances like; 'The boy walked', instead use; 'The strange looking boy happily strolled along'.

Reading the two examples there I would rather than boy walked than the latter. The use of adverbs in your prose should be a rare occurence and should only be used for special effect. At all other times omit words like happily as you would do much better as a writer to show the reader that the boy is happy rather than tell them.

Tricky Tip 5: Try as hard as you can to put commas, full stops, apostrophe's, ect.

Well, you should only put them in where required. Also, you don't need an apostrophe in apostrophes.

Back