• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Troy-what are they going to do?

M

member 737

There's going to be a SPOILER in this post, so beware!

I've been waiting impatiently for "Troy" - up till now. I've just read on The New York Times website, that Agamemnon and Menelaus will be killed! That makes no sense, don't you think? I'm afraid to think which other "improvements" to the original (genius, by the way) version will be put in the film.

I find having to watch Brad Pitt's showing how pretty he is for two hours hard to stand, but this is one step too far. Do you understand what that can mean for Helen and Paris's plot? Horrible.

Having seen the promos it looks like it will be a good film.how many times have we been fooled by trailers though:rolleyes:
ya but there is no reason on Earth to kill characters unneccesarily.

btw who is Achilles?

:eek: And I intended to see this film...
I didn't like the previous version and thought that it was idiotic. :mad: I hoped that they will make something better now...

Brad Pitt is Achilles.

I hope I like this, I'm tolerant of a few little divergences from the original story but will be pissed if they get too creative. Visually, I think it will be great.

Alright, I'll throw some wood on the fire.

I don't care whether or not the film will deviate from the actual story. This is Hollywood-fodder, just 2 hours of pure entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you want the original story, read the book.

Cheers, Martin :cool:

Honestly, I think I don't like the actress who plays the role of Helen, cz I would like to visualize Helen is an unpredicatble beauty. But the current, em, is not up to my expectation. And this really lows my desire to see it, though there are Orland Bloom and Brat Pit. :eek:

titus speaks

I thought that Menelenus and Agamemnon die anyway when they return from Troy. So when do they die during the film? Personally I am looking forward to the film because I love the epic style.....cerca Gladiator!I know that Hollywood will not get it properly accurate but will still be looking forward to it cos no one so far has been able to recreate ancient greece visually!

titus said:
I thought that Menelenus and Agamemnon die anyway when they return from Troy.

Menelaus and Agamemnon die?! What?! I read the Odyssey and I remember Odysseus coming across Menelaus after the war... or maybe I'm wrong! :confused:

No, you're right. Probably the film will be based on the book very loosely. I wouldn't expect too much logic - just another two hours of presenting superstars and special effects.

Haha, that was I was thinking as well. I was able to watch this "Troy" special on Mtv, and, err, it looked ok. I just really hope their depiction of the story isn't that bad.

Well, unfortunately, neither of them is what gives me pleasure and sheer interest. Now I'm increasingly doubtful about seeing this film.

I saw it, I saw it, I saw it!!!

It's good, believe me. If you want the original story, go read the book. If you want to see the best film of the year sofar, go see this!

Thank you, Martin.
So I will see it, despite Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom.
Eeee,...you aren't paid by the producents of the film for the advertisement, are you?

Two reasons is not enough to be so enthusiastic about a film. :)

you aren't paid by the producents of the film for the advertisement, are you?
Nope, I sincerely and absolutely loved this film!

Martin, why do you think the film is so good?
Well, I saw it last night, and to be honest, I expected to be entertained - nothing more, nothing less.

I was blown away. Blown away!! This film is absolutely amazing. It's huge, the cast is brilliant, the story excellent .. it's just .. wow! It's a 164 minutes of pure cinema magic!

As you may have noticed, I liked this film, but honestly, what's not to like. Brad Pitt is fantastic, as usual (yes, I'm a guy, and yes, I'm a massive fan of Brad Pitt .. so?) as Achilles, Orlando Bloom does a good job as the annoying Paris, but who really surprised me was Eric Bana - he was fantastic as Hector, the greatest warrior Troy has ever known.

The other characters were also very well cast - I'm thinking of Brian Cox as Agamemnon, so over the top, so camp, it's great! Sean Bean plays Odysseus - he's good as always. The women are merely there as window dressing, but it's not irritating, because it's the men it's all about.

And the action, oh, the action! Visually, it's stunning. It's quite difficult to spot the digital effects (so they must be good, because I can't imagine them not being there), and the sets are absolutely huge!

Oh, and the best mano a mano fight ever put to film is in this flick. Just thought I'd mention that.

I'm rambling, I'm incoherent, but I don't care.

This is the dictionary-definition of Epic. This is why I love films.

Clear enough for ya?

I find none of them sexy, so this is rather a drawback for me...
I find that a strange statement. Are you saying you would not go see a movie if it hasn't got any sexy people in it?

Please tell me I'm wrong.

And then go see Troy!

I'm gonna go see it again within the week - and I never do that (only ever happend with all three the LotR-films). That's how good it is.

The adrenaline is still pumping through my vains!

Back