• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

True Blood book series

USBundles

kickbox
I'm dying to know how this book series is. I love the tv show on HBO but I actually heard the book series is even better. The stories on the tv show are getting a little outlandish and I'm wondering if I should check it out. Can anyone give me a review of these books? If you haven't seen the show, I definitely recommend it even though it can be a little racy.

I haven't kept up with the HBO series; not the sort of thing one watches with the family, but the books are a hoot. My favorite side character is Bubba. What's not to love about learning the truth behind all those Elvis sightings. Charlaine Harris tells all. While HBO does a decent job with character casting, the books are much better in my opinion.

I've read only the first book in the series, but found it very enjoyable, and quite a strong read. Good mix of humour, supernatural mystery and 'who did it' style intrigue... I wrote a review of it here if you're interested.

I thought books 1 through 7 were a lot of fun. I liked Eric from the beginning. The books that were released after True Blood started have been horrible, so I'm not reading the series anymore. But Dead Until Dark through All Together Dead are definitely worth reading.

I don't like all the sex and grossness going in the series, and making Tara a lesbian, no. There's only a few pages of sexual situations per book. They have changed Bill around quite a bit. He's more likeable in the tv series. Sookie is equally annoying in both the book and tv series. I love Lafayette, but of course, he dies in the first book. Jessica is not in the book at all. There are several changes, especially with some of the backstories.

Yes, Sookie is the only POV in all of the books.

I only got through a few chapters before I put it down. I Just couldn't get into it.

I may try again one day. :shrug

Back