• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

TV shows you'd like to see on DVD

Fenster

Two of my favorites, The Incredible Hulk and The Man From U.N.C.L.E., are having their first seasons released on DVD this summer. I've been waiting forever for The Hulk to come out; can't believe they waited this long.

Some others I'd like to see on disc:

Hawaii Five-O - Quite simply one of the best cop shows ever. The razor-sharp writing, great acting and exotic scenery let you see past the contrived writing all-too-typical of standard TV fare. A fan site says there is supposed to be a DVD release some time this year, but that's not confirmed yet.

Batman - Okay, okay. I'm always saying this was silly, it nearly ruined the character and the perception of live-action adaptations of comics forever, etc. etc. But you know if they release it I'll buy every durn episode. Purportedly 20th Century Fox has wanted to release it (first on VHS, then on DVD) for years but Warner Bros. won't let them because they fear it'll damage the movie franchise. (Yeah, like Joel Schumacher's Batman and Robin didn't already take care of that... :mad: )

Spenser: For Hire - actually, the best thing about this show was that it got me interested in reading the Spenser novels by Robert B. Parker, but it was fairly well written and I'd buy the discs. Plus, for some reason I have a thing for Robert Urich. He was just a cool persona, I don't know. I liked him. I might even be tempted to buy Vega$ on DVD for the same reason.

Ellery Queen - THE best murder mystery show EVER. Jim Hutton and David Wayne. Just plain awesome. Essentially it's the same show as Murder, She Wrote (the latter was actually just a reworked version of the former.) But way cooler.

Police Squad! - the forerunner to the Naked Gun films. Wikipedia says this is coming out sometime this year, but until then...

Generally I'm not one for sitcoms; they seem so poorly written to me. So that's why there aren't any on my list.

What are the shows you'd like to see come out on DVD?

I'd love to see all the episodes of Daniel Boone on dvd. I was so disappointed to find out the real Daniel Boone looked nothing like Fess Parker:rolleyes:

I don't think Law and Order: SVU is out on DVD, but I would really like to see it. I don't have enough money most of the time to buy it but it would be nice if it was available...

ValkyrieRaven88 said:
I don't think Law and Order: SVU is out on DVD, but I would really like to see it. I don't have enough money most of the time to buy it but it would be nice if it was available...

Yes it is. In fact my wife and I just got done watching two episodes from the Season 1 set.

The goofy part is they released the first season and second season, and then jumped to the fifth season. :confused: We're still waiting for the third and fourth seasons.

I would like to see Brimstone on DVD. It was cancelled so it would be a show that doesn't wrap up nicely I suppose.

Another show that I would adore seeing on DVD is Disney's Zorro. I watched several episodes during a Disney Channel marathon while I stayed at my grandparents' house one night. I fell in love with it.

I can't think of anything else since I'm already collecting The Pretender and Poltergeist: The Legacy. Seeing American Gothic on DVD made me ecstatically happy.

Live update:

According to a Swedish DVD distributor Twin Peaks Season 2 will be released during 2006. But they've said that before. Hence the :mad:

Norther Exposure Season 1-4 are available on DVD:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s...quick-search&field-keywords=northern+exposure

How many seasons are there? Because I don't think all seasons aired in Sweden. I bought and watched season 1 not long ago, and it was still good, although the '80s fashion was perhaps a bit of a giveaway as to when the show was recorded...:)

pink shadow said:
I bought and watched season 1 not long ago, and it was still good, although the '80s fashion was perhaps a bit of a giveaway as to when the show was recorded...:)

Sometimes, the outdated fashions are part of the appeal. ;)

pink shadow said:
Norther Exposure Season 1-4 are available on DVD:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s...quick-search&field-keywords=northern+exposure

How many seasons are there? Because I don't think all seasons aired in Sweden. I bought and watched season 1 not long ago, and it was still good, although the '80s fashion was perhaps a bit of a giveaway as to when the show was recorded...:)

I believe there were six seasons. They used to play them on the Hallmark channel at 2AM every weeknight. I saw the entire series that way.

Sapphire and Steel - it was on DVD but I think they've discontinued it. :(

La Femme Nikita - only on NTSC(?) not PAL at the moment.

Brass - as far as I know they've only released the first series on DVD.

(I must get around to buying the DVDs of American Gothic and The Prisoner.)

Fenster said:
Yes it is. In fact my wife and I just got done watching two episodes from the Season 1 set.

The goofy part is they released the first season and second season, and then jumped to the fifth season. :confused: We're still waiting for the third and fourth seasons.
LOL. That IS weird. I have the complete Gundam Wing series on DVD, the first season of Inuyasha, seasons 1-4 of MASH, the first season of Desperate Housewives, the first season of Ghost Hunters, and the miniseries Shogun. I don't buy a whole lot on DVD; most of those my parents and brother bought.

Back