• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Upcoming Summer Movies

Well there is a quite big independent movie industry that delivers just that along with movies produced outside of america. You might have to look a bit harder to find it besides the flashy ads for the latest special effects movie.

A personal favourite is Hal Hartleys movies. Most end up with a love/hate relationship to his peculiar style of acting, but its well worth trying if you want something completely different.
I can recomment "Henry Fool" it even ties nicely into this forum as its about a socially inept garbage man that starts writing poetry.

I catch some of that stuff on the Independent Film Channel. Some of it's pretty good.

I'll probably take the kids to see Kung Fu Panda. :) Other than that, everything looks terrible. Don't even bring up Get Smart.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Vicky, Cristina, Barcelona. No Woody Allen fans? This one comes out August 15th and is surprisingly going to be shown at my local theater.

Back