• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Usernames!!!! How did you get yours?

My username is the title of one of my favorite songs: Landslide by Smashing Pumpkins.

It's also a geomorphological phenomenon and I'm a geographer, so it's a name that has everything to do with me...

I am a huge basketball fan. I love the Los Angeles Lakers and Kobe Bryant. So I came up with Hollywood24 to honor the Lakers and Kobe :)

I believe almost all people here read the book "Watership Down" and my username was taken from my favorite character in the book, Bigwig.

Mine uses my first and last initial, 2 because my husband and I both have the same initials (and have even before I changed my name), and aug06 because that's when we got married.

where did the elf come from?

I picked Forest ... because I LOVE the forest !!! I feel at home there and I can feel the earth's energy everywhere when I'm there. It touches all my senses.

I picked Elf because ... well, that's what I write about. When I write I become each of my characters and I really enjoy (and connect with) with my elf characters when I write about them.

I've been Forest Elf so much she's become a real alter ego.

One weekend, we had the boys* over and they were all playing something on the PlayStation that I wasn't interested in playing with them. They had put away quite a few beers prior to starting the game. Shortly after the game started, the hubby yelled out to me in the other room, "Get me a beer, wench!" All of the guys looked at him and then me when I emerged into the other room. They thought for sure I was going to clobber him. Instead, I walked over, held out my hand and said, "Where's the empty one?" They were all floored given my rather strong personality. I'm really not one to be pushed around much or to take kindly to condescension. I took his empty, returned with his beer and have had the nickname BeerWench ever since. I even got a "Beer Wench" t-shirt for Christmas one year.

13 is my lucky number.

*"The boys" is a group of male friends who hang out with the hubby and I most weekends. We all drink, eat good food, play poker, watch ballgames, etc.

"Domani" is the title of a song by the band The Twilight Singers. I liked the word, so thought it would make a good username. It apparently means "tomorrow" in Italian (thank you Babelfish).

I can't remember what I originally wanted, but it was taken. The name Sparky just popped into my head and wasn't taken.

I quite like it, but I love BeerWench13's name. :D

The story of my username is rather boring, but the savvy part I uncreatively copied from Jack Sparrow, and the Ambrose part I looked up on babynames.com. That is an excellent resource for creative usernames, I've found. Ambrose means immortal...and I really can't remember why I chose that name - most likely to represent the immortality of ideas.

But I like BeerWench's story as well. :)

When we was kids, we used to play hockey outside with a bunch of friends (yes, hockey again). My first name is quite common, and there was already a kid by that name, and my surname is too long to be used in the heat of the action, so they started calling me Tasku, which is short from my surname.

Nobody really ever uses it anymore, but I use it as my web name.

BTW tasku means "pocket" in English.

Back