• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Usernames!!!! How did you get yours?

I love to read books, but especially mysteries. Everyone calls me a bookworm so I figured I would substitute the book part of bookworm with mystery. The 7's were just add on numbers that don't really stand for anything.

I love to read books, but especially mysteries. Everyone calls me a bookworm so I figured I would substitute the book part of bookworm with mystery. The 7's were just add on numbers that don't really stand for anything.
At least you used 7's and not 6's.:D

Usually I go by "Valentine" in my forums, but this time around I wanted something new. Hedwig has a double meaning for me: I love Harry's owl, and it was the name of my beloved maternal grandma.

samsara is a buddist term-ocean of unbearable suffering- can be use to refer to the current realm we are in.. i got it from the tibetan book of living and dying by sogyal rinpoche.

As mentioned above, I wasn't exactly being very creative. I thought of using "some dude" or "some guy" and figured dude was simpler.

I'm never good with screen names.

I’ll have to ask my mom and get back to you on this one.

While I have been posting on message boards for some time I only recently began posting under my real name. There are a couple reasons for it, but the primary reason is it keeps me in check. When I post under a pseudonym it is too easy for me to get sloppy in my thinking and post the first thing that pops into my mind. I’m not saying that is what everyone posting with a pseudonym does, it is just something I tend to fall into. In real life my words have consequences and I wanted to start holding myself accountable for the things I say online as well. Is what I write going to embarrass me if one day a family member or employer runs across it? If so, should I be posting it? Am I willing to defend what I say in person as well as online? It isn’t for everyone, but it felt right for me.

Back