• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Vegas Cabbie

Welcome to the board!. I've hitched a ride with a vegas cabbie before, walking the main strip can be so tiring for a person.:D Oh the stories I bet you could tell, but what's the saying?-what happens in Vegas.......:D :D Once again, welcome and hope that you can share some of your work with us.

Welcome to the board!. I've hitched a ride with a vegas cabbie before, walking the main strip can be so tiring for a person.:D Oh the stories I bet you could tell, but what's the saying?-what happens in Vegas.......:D :D Once again, welcome and hope that you can share some of your work with us.

yeah, no kidding. I got blisters on blisters.

Welcome to you.:D

Walking the Strip

Everybody tries it. I tried it. "Well, shit, it's just a little way. Lets walk." Those buildings are so much bigger than they appear to the eye that it creates a spatial and optical illusion. Fifteen minutes in and you're making no progress. I picked up a lot of 'flags' in that situation while driving a cab. A universal phenomenon. It was good to find out it wasn't just personal stamina breaking down.

Hi and Welcome! So, tell us what you like to read when you're not writing or carting tourists around Vegas..

Reading

I'm doing a lot of reading on the web, lately. I set up a couple of lenses for my book and designs, and in the marketing process have gotten interested in the internet culture. The last read of a book was Fiasco, an account of the Iraq debacle. I would have wearied if it hadn't been so well put together. Another book like that is Body of Secrets by James Bamford on the history of the NSA. His writing is novellistic and engaging.
I haven't driven cab for a while, but am still involved in that world. It does get into your blood. It's such a saturated experience that it seems like another lifetime.
Thanks for the welcome.

Back