• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Vince Neil w/Mike Sager: Tattoos and Tequila

brk_3

ai1210.photobucket.com_albums_cc418_brk_3_9323811.jpg :star2:

I saw this book in a B&N while Holiday shopping a few months back and thought about buying it (since I was a fan of Motley Crue growing up). I am glad I didn't waste any money on it. I found the book at one of the libraries I belong to. So, here we go.

This book is like a transcribed audio interview with the Motley Crue front man (vocalist). It also has interviews with his family members, ex-wives, business managers, ex-business managers, and so on. However, only one (Nikki Sixx) other member of Motley Crue was interviewed. Its obvious Vince Neil did none of the writing. There's not much covered in the book. It goes over his teenage years and how he got started in rock music. It goes into the wild partying, alcohol, and drug abuse he and the band participated in. It has the vehicular manslaughter case he was charged with, the death of his young daughter (which was very sad), his firing from Motley Crue, and his current estranged relationship with the other members of the band. There is a lot of name calling and finger pointing and big egos.

Not sure how accurate Vince Neil's memory is. He tells a story about something then when someone else is interviewed they totally contradict what Vince Neil said. If you’re a fan of Motley Crue, you may enjoy this book. Then again, you may not.

I've thought about picking this one up, but it seemed like most of this stuff was covered in The Dirt. I might check it out if I can find a used copy.

Yea there is some mention about statements made in The Dirt that were just not true. Like I said, there is a lot finger pointing and naming calling.

let us know how that new Sammy Hagar book is. I am looking forward to reading that. I'm a big Sammy fan.

Mas Tequila man.

Back